Port forward only from specific external IP

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

I have a Windows XP machine connected directy to the internet and a Windows
2000 Server computer on the same internal network.
I would like to create a port forwarding from the Windows XP computer to the
Windows 2000 but only from specific external IP (and block all the other
IPs).
When I do port forwading in Windows Firewall on XP to the Windows 2000
server - it works but it forwards all external IPs and not only the one I
want.

Is there a solution for this ?

Thanks

ra294@hotmail.com

In article <uArgHBelFHA.3968@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "ra294"
<ra294@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I have a Windows XP machine connected directy to the internet and a Windows
>2000 Server computer on the same internal network.
>I would like to create a port forwarding from the Windows XP computer to the
>Windows 2000 but only from specific external IP (and block all the other
>IPs).
>When I do port forwading in Windows Firewall on XP to the Windows 2000
>server - it works but it forwards all external IPs and not only the one I
>want.
>
>Is there a solution for this ?
>
>Thanks
>
>ra294@hotmail.com

In Window Firewall, click the Exceptions tab, click the program or
service that you're forwarding, and click Edit. In the "Edit a
Service" window, click "Change scope" and specify a custom list.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:56:14 +0200, ra294 wrote:

> I have a Windows XP machine connected directy to the internet and a Windows
> 2000 Server computer on the same internal network.
> I would like to create a port forwarding from the Windows XP computer to the
> Windows 2000 but only from specific external IP (and block all the other
> IPs).
> When I do port forwading in Windows Firewall on XP to the Windows 2000
> server - it works but it forwards all external IPs and not only the one I
> want.
>
> Is there a solution for this ?
>
> Thanks
>
> ra294@hotmail.com

Hardware NAT device. All of the ones I have worked on can filter by IP
address.

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain