Kyro2

G

hey all, I was wondering if the Kyro2 would work in my Elite K7SEM mobo. It says in the manual it's only compatible with Nvidia cards, but when I asked the guy at the store where I bought my mobo he said all newer cards should work.

G

I am sure it will work...
if it have an agp slot and it's agp compliant 1.0 or 2.0
It will work...

mpjesse

Splendid
I seriously doubt that it wouldn't work. Elite probably has some partnership with nVidia and decided to put that in the manual to discourage users from getting a non-nVidia card.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

G

that is why I don't like nvidia...
yes elite might be responsible... but I think we have a 3d market with too much power with only one company ...

In the cpu market Intel dream with that kind of power...
amd is there to ensure that intel don't get that...
;)

that is bad for us consummers...
a consequence of that is those high prices for geforce 3 ...
:(

G

I think nvidia is starting to feel the presure now though. The geforce 3 came retail way below what we all thought it would following the trend all the way back from the tnt's.

mpjesse

Splendid
I personally don't think the GeForce 3 is all that overpriced. The Ultra was way more when it hit the market. Consider that this board has the processing power equivalent to a major PC Processor AND has the fastest SDRAM in the world (3.5ns). While, the price is beyond my budget- i don't think it's outrageously priced.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
I was looking through these old magazines, and I saw a Diamond Edge3D Combined Graphics/Sound Card for £599. Does anybody know what chipset that had?

I think it was a 94 magazine.

<font color=red>"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and dispair!"</font color=red>