windows 2000 driver messages while running xp

Hi everyone i'm hoping someone will be able to give me some advice, while
trying to install my broadband modem on my pc i keep getting a windows 2000
driver error message. I've tried more upto date drivers for my modem but this
hasn't worked . not sure what else to do any advice would be gratefully
received
thanks
Tracey
2 answers Last reply
More about windows 2000 driver messages running

    Some basic points: Is this a new modem & did it come with a CD for drivers? You're sure you followed all the instructions in the manufacturer's booklet?

    Find the support website for this manufacturer. See what the latest XP driver is & also look for setup instructions.

    Another hint: When posting back, include the verbatim "error message" text.
    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    Tracey1701 wrote:
    > Hi everyone i'm hoping someone will be able to give me some advice,
    > while trying to install my broadband modem on my pc i keep getting a
    > windows 2000 driver error message. I've tried more upto date drivers
    > for my modem but this hasn't worked . not sure what else to do any
    > advice would be gratefully received
    > thanks
    > Tracey

    this isn't a new modem i had it working on my old pc it did come with a cd
    for drivers and i did follow all the instructions correctly, i have checked
    for new drivers on the manufacturers web site and i tried using these but
    still nothing,
    the message i get is " Install Program for Windows 2000 Drivers has
    encountered a problem and needs to close . We are sorry for any inconvenience
    caused

    "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

    > Some basic points: Is this a new modem & did it come with a CD for drivers? You're sure you followed all the instructions in the manufacturer's booklet?
    >
    > Find the support website for this manufacturer. See what the latest XP driver is & also look for setup instructions.
    >
    > Another hint: When posting back, include the verbatim "error message" text.
    > --
    > Maurice N
    > MVP Windows - Shell / User
    > -----
    >
    > Tracey1701 wrote:
    > > Hi everyone i'm hoping someone will be able to give me some advice,
    > > while trying to install my broadband modem on my pc i keep getting a
    > > windows 2000 driver error message. I've tried more upto date drivers
    > > for my modem but this hasn't worked . not sure what else to do any
    > > advice would be gratefully received
    > > thanks
    > > Tracey

Windows 2000 Windows XP