PC freezes when trying to capture video

Help...
XP, FIREWIRE, STUDIO 9 Pinnacle (although the issue is not that software
releated I think)..
System recognizes firewire and the camera once on - sends commands to the
camera and the minute video appears on screen - the system freez and I have
to reboot...

What can I do ?
Thanks for the advice !

Jim

Besides the obvious like checking latest drivers for your video card,
compatibility between hardware etc, see this
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314873

"sordela" <sordela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help...
> XP, FIREWIRE, STUDIO 9 Pinnacle (although the issue is not that software
> releated I think)..
> System recognizes firewire and the camera once on - sends commands to the
> camera and the minute video appears on screen - the system freez and I
> have
> to reboot...
>
> What can I do ?
> Thanks for the advice !

actually... it just made it worse :-(
I updated the drivers for both the video card (NVIDIA GeForce 6200) and the
IEEE 1394 and now the minute I turn on the video camera the PC shuts down and
reboots....

Help....

"Jim" wrote:

> Besides the obvious like checking latest drivers for your video card,
> compatibility between hardware etc, see this
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314873
>

> "sordela" <sordela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Help...
> > XP, FIREWIRE, STUDIO 9 Pinnacle (although the issue is not that software
> > releated I think)..
> > System recognizes firewire and the camera once on - sends commands to the
> > camera and the minute video appears on screen - the system freez and I
> > have
> > to reboot...
> >
> > What can I do ?
> > Thanks for the advice !