sim card from i30 put into an i730?

I just got a new i730, and I just figured I'd take the sim card out of
the (horrible) i30 and slap it in the i730. No problem, seems to work
fine. Does anyone know if this is a bad idea? i.e., maybe the i730
sim has more capabilities or something?

Thanks!
crasmussen@nc.rr.com
2 answers Last reply
More about card i730
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    crasmussen@nc.rr.com (Chris Rasmussen) wrote:

    >I just got a new i730, and I just figured I'd take the sim card out of
    >the (horrible) i30 and slap it in the i730. No problem, seems to work
    >fine. Does anyone know if this is a bad idea? i.e., maybe the i730
    >sim has more capabilities or something?
    >
    >Thanks!
    >crasmussen@nc.rr.com

    The main difference between the i30 and the i730 is that they are two
    different Motorola platforms. The i30 uses a 32k sim card, whereas the
    i730 uses a 64k sim. You will loose some functionality by using the
    32k sim in a platform not designed to handle that small of a storage
    capacity. The main thing that you loose is the ability to have long
    names and the 600 contacts. The simple answer is to go down to your
    local dealer and do what is called a sim-copy. Basically all they will
    do is copy all the information off the old sim card directly into the
    new 64k sim card. Not to mention a sim card is only a couple of
    freaking bucks anyways.

    Mephy
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Wow, 64K sims for $2. That is a great deal :)

    -D

    Mephy <mephy@home.com> wrote in message news:<b264e01m0ep8ulsqc9b1e7f2s5g4ug24g7@4ax.com>...
    > crasmussen@nc.rr.com (Chris Rasmussen) wrote:
    >
    > >I just got a new i730, and I just figured I'd take the sim card out of
    > >the (horrible) i30 and slap it in the i730. No problem, seems to work
    > >fine. Does anyone know if this is a bad idea? i.e., maybe the i730
    > >sim has more capabilities or something?
    > >
    > >Thanks!
    > >crasmussen@nc.rr.com
    >
    > The main difference between the i30 and the i730 is that they are two
    > different Motorola platforms. The i30 uses a 32k sim card, whereas the
    > i730 uses a 64k sim. You will loose some functionality by using the
    > 32k sim in a platform not designed to handle that small of a storage
    > capacity. The main thing that you loose is the ability to have long
    > names and the 600 contacts. The simple answer is to go down to your
    > local dealer and do what is called a sim-copy. Basically all they will
    > do is copy all the information off the old sim card directly into the
    > new 64k sim card. Not to mention a sim card is only a couple of
    > freaking bucks anyways.
    >

    > Mephy

Nextel SIM Card Internet Service Providers