  • Norton
  • DVD Drives
  • Windows XP
August 1, 2005 1:12:11 AM

I am using Norton Ghost v9 with all relevant updates on an XP Home SP2
machine. (I installed SP2 after I installed Norton Ghost.) I haven't
changed anything since I last imaged my drive but now the option to
save the image to my DVD drive is no longer present -- only Local File
and Network file. If I enter the drive letter of my DVD burner I get
the error message that I ought to have selected the DVD drive option,
but given that it is non-existent ...

My DVD drive appears normally in Explorer, Nero recognises it and movies
play OK.
I have no idea what I did between a month ago when it was working fine and
now.

More about : norton ghost problem

August 1, 2005 1:12:12 AM

Try this and see if it helps. http://tinyurl.com/bmnaw

"Walt G" <anon@universe.com> wrote in message
news:o dDPkwglFHA.3780@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I am using Norton Ghost v9 with all relevant updates on an XP Home SP2
> machine. (I installed SP2 after I installed Norton Ghost.) I haven't
> changed anything since I last imaged my drive but now the option to
> save the image to my DVD drive is no longer present -- only Local File
> and Network file. If I enter the drive letter of my DVD burner I get
> the error message that I ought to have selected the DVD drive option,
> but given that it is non-existent ...
>
> My DVD drive appears normally in Explorer, Nero recognises it and movies
> play OK.
> I have no idea what I did between a month ago when it was working fine and
> now.

Anonymous
August 1, 2005 8:42:42 PM

Thanks but I have already seen this page. The problem is that it tells me to
disable or uninstall my burner program (Nero) but Ghost worked fine with
Nero before and it is not working when I attempt to use Ghost.

"Jim" <Nuyy@sllkcom> wrote in message
> Try this and see if it helps. http://tinyurl.com/bmnaw
>
> "Walt G" <anon@universe.com> wrote in message
> news:o dDPkwglFHA.3780@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>I am using Norton Ghost v9 with all relevant updates on an XP Home SP2
>> machine. (I installed SP2 after I installed Norton Ghost.) I haven't
>> changed anything since I last imaged my drive but now the option to
>> save the image to my DVD drive is no longer present -- only Local File
>> and Network file. If I enter the drive letter of my DVD burner I get
>> the error message that I ought to have selected the DVD drive option,
>> but given that it is non-existent ...
>>
>> My DVD drive appears normally in Explorer, Nero recognises it and movies
>> play OK.
>> I have no idea what I did between a month ago when it was working fine
>> and now.

August 1, 2005 8:42:43 PM

Uninstall nero? You are running practically a new os with SP2.

!