Should we trust them?

G

I'm about nv30, i think on www.3dgpu.com they say nv30 will have 800Mhz core and 2000Mhz memory? Is this true?

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Thats a big old lie. Nvidia is like microsoft lets start buying out little guys and screw the costumer.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Seems like Nvidia are the only ones that have cards over $250. At best buy there has been a VisionTek GF3 sitting there for a couple of weeks (one box), while the ATI cards are constantly being replenished due to them being bought. The Kyro2 and a MX400 card also look like they are being sold but that GF3 just sits there with a big $399 price tag on it, no DVD software, no VideoIn or Out which I believe makes most people wonder what the heck does it do. Besides there are no games out there at this time that can use what the GF3 has. I wouldn't mind having one myself because it does have the best 3d features but not the best in everything else. Certainly not the best price. The average customer (if there is such a thing) sees all the feature pack goodies that the Radeons provide with the same claims to 3d game fame as any other brand of 3d adapters written all over the box. I think the average person concludes the Radeon is the better deal not really knowing the real difference in the 3d performance of the GF3 and the Radeon.

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b>

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Average users like to watch dvd on there pc's. Since most of them come with dvd drives :*)

What Radeon 2 coming soon at the end of summer :*) Cant what to see what TRUFORM does to FF7 and FF8.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Radeon2 should be able to hook directly up to a HDTV set for DVD's, game playing, web browsing and what not. In addition it should also support Mpeg4 playing and encoding. The question is will the Radeon2 do hardware encoding of Mpeg4? Something that takes a significant amount of time even for a very fast cpu.

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by noko on 06/19/01 01:58 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah it will !!! The Rage Theater 2 supports hardware mpeg4 encoding / decoding. Also its has a DTS sound decoder !!!

HighCv2

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
LOL rcf84, if ATI does anything special to Final Fantasy series graphics, I am dropping nVidia yesterday :)

Final Fantasies absolutely rule!

"He who laughs last doesn't get the joke"