Office problems after updates

This morning I let windows auto-update my computer and updated office from
the microsoft site, but now am unable to access any Word or Excel files.
They show up in my Documents but when I try to open them, they say "Unable to
read file." In Word, I hit ok, and when I try to close it, other messages
come up saying 2 other files already exist, do I want to replace them? I
tried to create a new document and it does the same thing when I try to open
it. How do I fix this?

Hi

You may be better off posting to the Office Update News Group:

news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.officeupdate or
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User