Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

When i try and create a new folder in My Documents I get the following error:
AppName. explorer.exe, AppVer. 6.0.2900.2180, ModName. shell32.dll, ModVer.
6.0.2900.260, OffSet. 000a96b7.

When i try and copy items from my USB drive to My Documents i get the
following error:
AppName. explorer.exe, AppVer. 6.0.2900.2180, ModName. tbshex.dll, ModVer.
1.0.0.1, OffSet.0000151e.

Very frustrating as I can't copy items to my documents or create new
folders. Any help woud be greatly appreciated.

Jason

tbshex.dll is not an XP file. Suggest that you scan for spyware.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:31684FF4-49C0-49A2-ADE5-A9077598F6A9@microsoft.com,
Jason <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 16:32:38 -0600, Wesley Vogel wrote:

> tbshex.dll

If a spyware scan gives no relevant results might be interesting to locate
the file and post its properties, - ie right-click, properties, then all
info displayed. A couple of things I'd try on my own PC would be to rename
the file with a different extension, such as .old (which you may or may not
be able to do while booted into full Windows) and see what results. Also,
you could try going into 'tools', internet options, advanced, browsing
options and disable the use of 3rd party browsing extensions. None of the
above should have a non-recoverable outcome & might be useful to try or
know. Just out of interest what spyware tools are you running and what are
the last couple of progs installed? Your dll is quite shy and doesn't
appear under various searches I've tried.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Your not going to believe this, but I located the file as belonging to
TurboFTP by using a program called ShellExView. TurboFTP had been
uninstalled for some time without any problems. They arose after recently
trialing registry Mechanic, Registry Fix and Registry Supreme.

All I had o do was delete this reg key and all my problems were solved. I
still have no idea how or why the problem started, I'm just grateful it's
fixed!

Thanks for your help guys.

"Bill Piety" wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 16:32:38 -0600, Wesley Vogel wrote:
>
> > tbshex.dll
>
> If a spyware scan gives no relevant results might be interesting to locate
> the file and post its properties, - ie right-click, properties, then all
> info displayed. A couple of things I'd try on my own PC would be to rename
> the file with a different extension, such as .old (which you may or may not
> be able to do while booted into full Windows) and see what results. Also,
> you could try going into 'tools', internet options, advanced, browsing
> options and disable the use of 3rd party browsing extensions. None of the
> above should have a non-recoverable outcome & might be useful to try or
> know. Just out of interest what spyware tools are you running and what are
> the last couple of progs installed? Your dll is quite shy and doesn't
> appear under various searches I've tried.

Glad you got it figured out. Keep having fun. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User