Closed

Bootmagic and Partition Magic

I installed a program by Partition Magic called Boot Magic onto my 2nd hard
drive. I then reformatted that drive prior to uninstalling Boot Magic. Now,
when I boot up, I get a message before Windows starts up that says "cannot
find BTMAGIC.IMG, uninstall Boot Magic". When I go into Add and Remove
programs to uninstall it, it says cannot find original location of
installation. I assume that's because I reformatted the drive that had the
installation on it. I've deleted everything in the Registry that mentions
"Boot Magic" but that didn't help. Anyone know how to get rid of the error
message at boot up?
Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about bootmagic partition magic

    Try this:
    http://www.jarra.nl/index.php?p=71

    Brian Pugh
    A+, Network +, MCP

    "Art" <harringtonart@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > I installed a program by Partition Magic called Boot Magic onto my 2nd
    hard
    > drive. I then reformatted that drive prior to uninstalling Boot Magic.
    Now,
    > when I boot up, I get a message before Windows starts up that says "cannot
    > find BTMAGIC.IMG, uninstall Boot Magic". When I go into Add and Remove
    > programs to uninstall it, it says cannot find original location of
    > installation. I assume that's because I reformatted the drive that had the
    > installation on it. I've deleted everything in the Registry that mentions
    > "Boot Magic" but that didn't help. Anyone know how to get rid of the error
    > message at boot up?
    > Thanks.

    How have you formatted the drive, NTFS or fat32?

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from: George Ankner

    "Art" <harringtonart@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >I installed a program by Partition Magic called Boot Magic onto my 2nd hard
    >drive. I then reformatted that drive prior to uninstalling Boot Magic. Now,
    >when I boot up, I get a message before Windows starts up that says "cannot
    >find BTMAGIC.IMG, uninstall Boot Magic". When I go into Add and Remove
    >programs to uninstall it, it says cannot find original location of
    >installation. I assume that's because I reformatted the drive that had the
    >installation on it. I've deleted everything in the Registry that mentions
    >"Boot Magic" but that didn't help. Anyone know how to get rid of the error
    >message at boot up?
    > Thanks.

    Hi

    If possible, have a look for a folder named

    btmagic.pq

    and delete everything in that folder.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Art" <harringtonart@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >I installed a program by Partition Magic called Boot Magic onto my 2nd hard
    >drive. I then reformatted that drive prior to uninstalling Boot Magic. Now,
    >when I boot up, I get a message before Windows starts up that says "cannot
    >find BTMAGIC.IMG, uninstall Boot Magic". When I go into Add and Remove
    >programs to uninstall it, it says cannot find original location of
    >installation. I assume that's because I reformatted the drive that had the
    >installation on it. I've deleted everything in the Registry that mentions
    >"Boot Magic" but that didn't help. Anyone know how to get rid of the error
    >message at boot up?
    > Thanks.

  4. per "How to uninstall BootMagic when a normal uninstall fails"
    http://service1.symantec.com/Support/powerquest.nsf/docid/2004016074158862

    I could not reinstall, I had to also delete
    "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{04C44CDC-9977-4AA2-B7E3-78981D0FEF76}"

    note; I also searched and deleted the registry entries for "btmagic.pq"
  5. Check thread date before posting

Boot Partition Magic Windows XP