emails getting deleted

Hi
using XP SP1, and Outlook Express.
At random times, on entering Outlook Express, emails in the Inbox simply
start being removed from the oldest forward. They are not sent to the
deleted folder, they just simply vanish.
Has anyone had this happen, or could help explain.
Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about emails deleted

    Turn off E-mail virus scanning.

    Messages in Inbox or other mail folders disappear
    http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone

    The Other E-Mail Threat File Corruption in Outlook Express
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:B947E55A-1DD3-4635-AC7F-079C412E2A7F@microsoft.com,
    Colin M <Colin M@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi
    > using XP SP1, and Outlook Express.
    > At random times, on entering Outlook Express, emails in the Inbox simply
    > start being removed from the oldest forward. They are not sent to the
    > deleted folder, they just simply vanish.
    > Has anyone had this happen, or could help explain.
    > Thanks

    Thanks for the suggestion.
    I have disabled the email virus scanner, but later turned up a trojan
    tspy_qukart, this of course may be the problem but I cannot find anything in
    english about the virus. Trend Micro only have a japanese listing for it.
    Thanks
    Colin M

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Turn off E-mail virus scanning.
    >
    > Messages in Inbox or other mail folders disappear
    > http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone
    >
    > The Other E-Mail Threat File Corruption in Outlook Express
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:B947E55A-1DD3-4635-AC7F-079C412E2A7F@microsoft.com,
    > Colin M <Colin M@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Hi
    > > using XP SP1, and Outlook Express.
    > > At random times, on entering Outlook Express, emails in the Inbox simply
    > > start being removed from the oldest forward. They are not sent to the
    > > deleted folder, they just simply vanish.
    > > Has anyone had this happen, or could help explain.
    > > Thanks

    Colin,

    This was the only hit on Google...
    This link has a mixture of German and English, mostly English.
    http://de.trendmicro-europe.com/consumer/vinfo/encyclopedia.php?VName=TSPY_QUKART.T

    The tabs are in German, click on them anyway, the rest is in English.

    Ok here are translations.

    Überblick is Overview. Lösung is Solution. Technische Details is Technical
    details. Statistiken is Statistics, nothing interesting there.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:9EC1E033-36F9-4515-99B4-AAC42612AB56@microsoft.com,
    Colin M <ColinM@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Thanks for the suggestion.
    > I have disabled the email virus scanner, but later turned up a trojan
    > tspy_qukart, this of course may be the problem but I cannot find anything
    > in english about the virus. Trend Micro only have a japanese listing for
    > it. Thanks
    > Colin M
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> Turn off E-mail virus scanning.
    >>
    >> Messages in Inbox or other mail folders disappear
    >> http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone
    >>
    >> The Other E-Mail Threat File Corruption in Outlook Express
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:B947E55A-1DD3-4635-AC7F-079C412E2A7F@microsoft.com,
    >> Colin M <Colin M@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Hi
    >>> using XP SP1, and Outlook Express.
    >>> At random times, on entering Outlook Express, emails in the Inbox simply
    >>> start being removed from the oldest forward. They are not sent to the
    >>> deleted folder, they just simply vanish.
    >>> Has anyone had this happen, or could help explain.
    >>> Thanks

    Thanks, the german site made more sense! The problem seems to have righted
    itself with the combination of virus removal, and email AV check removal.
    Thanks for your help.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Colin,
    >
    > This was the only hit on Google...
    > This link has a mixture of German and English, mostly English.
    > http://de.trendmicro-europe.com/consumer/vinfo/encyclopedia.php?VName=TSPY_QUKART.T
    >
    > The tabs are in German, click on them anyway, the rest is in English.
    >
    > Ok here are translations.
    >
    > Überblick is Overview. Lösung is Solution. Technische Details is Technical
    > details. Statistiken is Statistics, nothing interesting there.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:9EC1E033-36F9-4515-99B4-AAC42612AB56@microsoft.com,
    > Colin M <ColinM@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Thanks for the suggestion.
    > > I have disabled the email virus scanner, but later turned up a trojan
    > > tspy_qukart, this of course may be the problem but I cannot find anything
    > > in english about the virus. Trend Micro only have a japanese listing for
    > > it. Thanks
    > > Colin M
    > >
    > > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Turn off E-mail virus scanning.
    > >>
    > >> Messages in Inbox or other mail folders disappear
    > >> http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone
    > >>
    > >> The Other E-Mail Threat File Corruption in Outlook Express
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > >>
    > >> Wes
    > >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > >>
    > >> In news:B947E55A-1DD3-4635-AC7F-079C412E2A7F@microsoft.com,
    > >> Colin M <Colin M@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    Glad to hear it. Keep having fun. :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:03E5DF38-36FA-4111-AF22-97EF384CFEC0@microsoft.com,
    Colin M <ColinM@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Thanks, the german site made more sense! The problem seems to have righted
    > itself with the combination of virus removal, and email AV check removal.
    > Thanks for your help.
    >

    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> Colin,
    >>
    >> This was the only hit on Google...
    >> This link has a mixture of German and English, mostly English.

    http://de.trendmicro-europe.com/consumer/vinfo/encyclopedia.php?VName=TSPY_QUKART.T

    >> The tabs are in German, click on them anyway, the rest is in English.
    >>
    >> Ok here are translations.
    >>
    >> Überblick is Overview. Lösung is Solution. Technische Details is
    >> Technical details. Statistiken is Statistics, nothing interesting there.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:9EC1E033-36F9-4515-99B4-AAC42612AB56@microsoft.com,
    >> Colin M <ColinM@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Thanks for the suggestion.
    >>> I have disabled the email virus scanner, but later turned up a trojan
    >>> tspy_qukart, this of course may be the problem but I cannot find
    >>> anything in english about the virus. Trend Micro only have a japanese
    >>> listing for it. Thanks
    >>> Colin M

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx

Outlook Express Microsoft Windows XP