emails getting deleted

Hi
using XP SP1, and Outlook Express.
At random times, on entering Outlook Express, emails in the Inbox simply
start being removed from the oldest forward. They are not sent to the
deleted folder, they just simply vanish.
Has anyone had this happen, or could help explain.
Thanks

Turn off E-mail virus scanning.

Messages in Inbox or other mail folders disappear
http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone

The Other E-Mail Threat File Corruption in Outlook Express
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:B947E55A-1DD3-4635-AC7F-079C412E2A7F@microsoft.com,
Colin M <Colin M@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi
> using XP SP1, and Outlook Express.
> At random times, on entering Outlook Express, emails in the Inbox simply
> start being removed from the oldest forward. They are not sent to the
> deleted folder, they just simply vanish.
> Has anyone had this happen, or could help explain.
> Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion.
I have disabled the email virus scanner, but later turned up a trojan
tspy_qukart, this of course may be the problem but I cannot find anything in
english about the virus. Trend Micro only have a japanese listing for it.
Thanks
Colin M

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Turn off E-mail virus scanning.
>
> Messages in Inbox or other mail folders disappear
> http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone
>
> The Other E-Mail Threat File Corruption in Outlook Express
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:B947E55A-1DD3-4635-AC7F-079C412E2A7F@microsoft.com,
> Colin M <Colin M@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Hi
> > using XP SP1, and Outlook Express.
> > At random times, on entering Outlook Express, emails in the Inbox simply
> > start being removed from the oldest forward. They are not sent to the
> > deleted folder, they just simply vanish.
> > Has anyone had this happen, or could help explain.
> > Thanks

Colin,

This was the only hit on Google...
This link has a mixture of German and English, mostly English.
http://de.trendmicro-europe.com/consumer/vinfo/encyclopedia.php?VName=TSPY_QUKART.T

The tabs are in German, click on them anyway, the rest is in English.

Ok here are translations.

Überblick is Overview. Lösung is Solution. Technische Details is Technical
details. Statistiken is Statistics, nothing interesting there.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:9EC1E033-36F9-4515-99B4-AAC42612AB56@microsoft.com,
Colin M <ColinM@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks for the suggestion.
> I have disabled the email virus scanner, but later turned up a trojan
> tspy_qukart, this of course may be the problem but I cannot find anything
> in english about the virus. Trend Micro only have a japanese listing for
> it. Thanks
> Colin M
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> Turn off E-mail virus scanning.
>>
>> Messages in Inbox or other mail folders disappear
>> http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone
>>
>> The Other E-Mail Threat File Corruption in Outlook Express
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:B947E55A-1DD3-4635-AC7F-079C412E2A7F@microsoft.com,
>> Colin M <Colin M@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Hi
>>> using XP SP1, and Outlook Express.
>>> At random times, on entering Outlook Express, emails in the Inbox simply
>>> start being removed from the oldest forward. They are not sent to the
>>> deleted folder, they just simply vanish.
>>> Has anyone had this happen, or could help explain.
>>> Thanks

Thanks, the german site made more sense! The problem seems to have righted
itself with the combination of virus removal, and email AV check removal.
Thanks for your help.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Colin,
>
> This was the only hit on Google...
> This link has a mixture of German and English, mostly English.
> http://de.trendmicro-europe.com/consumer/vinfo/encyclopedia.php?VName=TSPY_QUKART.T
>
> The tabs are in German, click on them anyway, the rest is in English.
>
> Ok here are translations.
>
> Überblick is Overview. Lösung is Solution. Technische Details is Technical
> details. Statistiken is Statistics, nothing interesting there.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:9EC1E033-36F9-4515-99B4-AAC42612AB56@microsoft.com,
> Colin M <ColinM@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Thanks for the suggestion.
> > I have disabled the email virus scanner, but later turned up a trojan
> > tspy_qukart, this of course may be the problem but I cannot find anything
> > in english about the virus. Trend Micro only have a japanese listing for
> > it. Thanks
> > Colin M
> >
> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >
> >> Turn off E-mail virus scanning.
> >>
> >> Messages in Inbox or other mail folders disappear
> >> http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone
> >>
> >> The Other E-Mail Threat File Corruption in Outlook Express
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >> Wes