ERROR 6003 Install Sheild

ajay_raj1988

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
Hello Everyone!!!
I have Windows 7 Ultimate installed in my desktop. So when i try to install my Creative Soundblaster Driver or any other application, i get ERROR 6003 which asks me to clear TEMP, close any running apps, & check internet connection. I did everything but it giver me the same error
I googled about it & found a solution of DELETING a folder 0710 from c:/program files/ common files/ installsheild/ professional/ runtime. But i had no such folder so i even deleted the folders inside it. I even tried troubleshoot compatibility, but nothing helped
Please help!!!

Collie147

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
did you install windows 7 over a different OS, vista or xp maybe? Open windows explorer and hit Alt+T and going to folder options and view tab and unticking the boxes for hide protected operating system files and show hidden files and folders and check that folder you mentioned (prog files\common files\etc.etc.). What's happened is the folder you're attempting to write to(c:\users\username\local settings\temp) you don't have write access to. you can navigate to the folder above and delete everything in there or change the properties and delete then and install. If it still wont work I'd suggest downloading Ubuntu (always handy for this) and burn it to a CD, boot from the CD (don't install) and use Ubuntu to delete everything within the TEMP folder. Hopefully that should work, it did for me.