where to buy a geforce pro with <5.5ns ram

mpjesse

Splendid
No. nVidia has recommended that OEM's put either 5 or 5.5ns DDR SDRAM in their GeForce 2 Pro cards. This does not mean they HAVE to. Currently, the ONLY manufacturer of GeForce 2 Pro cards that puts 6ns DDR SDRAM (not recommended) is eVGA. So, any other manufacturer of the GeForce 2 Pro will have either 5 or 5.5ns (recommended) DDR SDRAM in them. Check out <A HREF="http://www.pricewatch.com" target="_new">http://www.pricewatch.com</A>

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

G

how can eVGA's gf2 pro be considered a "pro" if it has 6ns ram? what is the difference then between a normal GTS 6ns 64mb and an eVGA Geforce 2 Pro 64mb?

oh yeah 1 more thing: my geforce 2 pro says GTS on the core, do all gf2 pro's say GTS on the core or does it say pro?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by therock16 on 08/01/01 08:13 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
I am impress with GainWard cards, they are always the best for the Nvidia chipset cards. Always having faster ram and the best 2d. If I was going to buy a Nvidia card now it would be a GainWard. Unluckily I bought a Innovision MX400 64meg Tornardo card instead. It has artifacts at the default speed! Indicating cheap ram, even the 6ns ram that came with is has a hard time operating at 166mhz.

<b><font color=blue>1.5</b></font color=blue> T-Bird
<b><font color=red>2.1</b></font color=red> P4 Speed

G

Just saw the gainward gf2 pro 64mb at pricewatch for $138 +$6 shipping on pricewatch from atacom.inc.

I know just enough to be dangerous.

peach

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
<font color=blue>Um, my core says pro. Also please review the thread I started about my MSI RAM...

:cool: <i><font color=blue>on company time....</i>

mpjesse

Splendid
No, they're supposed to say "Pro". My eVGA GF2 Pro has "pro" on the chip, but has 6ns DDR SDRAM. The GF2 Pro chip has a clock speed of 210mhz, whereas the GTS has a 200mhz clock speed.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
to get the theoretical max Mhz from the speed rating (in ns) do the following:
(6 ^ -9) ^ -1 = speed in Hz / 1,000,000 = speed in Mhz
so
6ns = 166Mhz
5.5 = 183Mhz
5 = 200Mhz
4.4 = 225Mhz
4 = 250Mhz
3.8 = 266Mhz

of course these are rough limits. typically you can go a little beyond them as the speed rating assigned to the chips are usually conservitive.

"i love the smell of Overclocking in the morning!" Says my Hamster.

TRENDING THREADS