Can't open pictures in My picture folder/xp prof/explor. e..

August 1, 2005 3:07:01 AM

Help with any ideas you may have.
Symptoms - Can't open any stored pictures without causing an error message -
then the standard explorer.exe error message.

If anyone knows what this problem is, please let me know. I'd hate to have
to lose the pics (a lot are not yet on backup).

I've tried copying the files to another location - I can attach them (tried
a few) through a different program but can't use the standard open / edit
function at all.

I can't just re-install everything at this point.....gotta be another way;)
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 5:59:50 PM

Tia,

Which program are you using to view the Pictures ? What's the full error
message?

Click Start, Run and type eventvwr.msc
Select Application entry in the left pane
In the right-pane, look for the Error entry denoted by a Red X

Sort by date and track-down the entry based on what time the error exactly
occurred. Locate and double-click the entry and you'll see more information
in the resulting dialog. Click the copy button at the top and copy the whole
event and paste it to a Notepad document and save it. Post the information
here.
--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Tia" <Tia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help with any ideas you may have.
> Symptoms - Can't open any stored pictures without causing an error
> message -
> then the standard explorer.exe error message.
>
> If anyone knows what this problem is, please let me know. I'd hate to have
> to lose the pics (a lot are not yet on backup).
>
> I've tried copying the files to another location - I can attach them
> (tried
> a few) through a different program but can't use the standard open / edit
> function at all.
>
> I can't just re-install everything at this point.....gotta be another
> way;)

June 14, 2009 2:57:29 PM

i can't go to google crome
!