Windows already activated

I keep getting this message when I start my computer that says I need to
activate windows, it says click Ok to activate windows, so I click Ok,
then it says "this program of windows is already activated, click ok to
exit" so I click Ok and the computer just restarts again, and the whole
process repeats again and again. Please help!!!!

--
mmcgrath
1 answer Last reply

    Run a Repair or 'upgrade' setup.

    If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
    a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)

    875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350

    How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "mmcgrath" <mmcgrath.1t2lpr@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:mmcgrath.1t2lpr@pcbanter.net...

    > I keep getting this message when I start my computer that says I need to
    > activate windows, it says click Ok to activate windows, so I click Ok,
    > then it says "this program of windows is already activated, click ok to
    > exit" so I click Ok and the computer just restarts again, and the whole
    > process repeats again and again. Please help!!!!
    >

    > --
    > mmcgrath

Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP