Windows already activated

August 1, 2005 9:18:15 AM

I keep getting this message when I start my computer that says I need to
activate windows, it says click Ok to activate windows, so I click Ok,
then it says "this program of windows is already activated, click ok to
exit" so I click Ok and the computer just restarts again, and the whole
process repeats again and again. Please help!!!!

--
mmcgrath

More about : windows activated

Anonymous
August 1, 2005 10:17:01 AM

Run a Repair or 'upgrade' setup.

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)

875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

--
Mark L. Ferguson