System restore points have disappeared - can I get them ba..

I had numerous restore points for the last few months. I went to use one
today and they'd all disappeared. Can I get them back???

I have retrieved the following information to assist with this problem.

Thanks in advance for your help!

sr:
The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error '0xC000007F'
while processing the file 'opuc.dll' on the volume 'HarddiskVolume1'. It has
stopped monitoring the volume.

sr service:
A restoration to "System Checkpoint" restore point occurred successfully.

---

The System Restore service has resumed monitoring due to space freed on the
system drive.

---

The System Restore service has been suspended because there is not enough
disk space available on the drive C:\. System Restore will automatically
resume service once at least 200 MB of free disk space is available on the
system drive.

---

----

The System Restore service has been suspended because there is not enough
disk space available on the drive
\\?\Volume{96668230-c87f-11d8-abe9-806d6172696f}\. System Restore will
automatically resume service once at least 200 MB of free disk space is
available on the system drive.

More about system restore points disappeared

    Hi

    As the messages say, you have to have at least 200 MBs free disk space
    available for SR to work. If you haven't got that amount available, then
    the checkpoints will disappear and you need to free up that amount of disk
    space. How much free disk/partition space is available and how much is
    allocated to SR for the checkpoints?

    You won't be able to retrieve the checkpoints - once they have been deleted
    they are gone.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "allie181" <allie181@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I had numerous restore points for the last few months. I went to use one
    > today and they'd all disappeared. Can I get them back???
    >
    > I have retrieved the following information to assist with this problem.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help!
    >

    > sr:
    > The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error '0xC000007F'
    > while processing the file 'opuc.dll' on the volume 'HarddiskVolume1'. It
    > has
    > stopped monitoring the volume.

    > sr service:
    > A restoration to "System Checkpoint" restore point occurred successfully.

    > ---
    >
    > The System Restore service has resumed monitoring due to space freed on
    > the
    > system drive.

    > ---
    >
    > The System Restore service has been suspended because there is not enough
    > disk space available on the drive C:\. System Restore will automatically
    > resume service once at least 200 MB of free disk space is available on the
    > system drive.

    > ---
    >
    > The System Restore service has resumed monitoring due to space freed on
    > the
    > system drive.

    > ----
    >
    > The System Restore service has been suspended because there is not enough
    > disk space available on the drive
    > \\?\Volume{96668230-c87f-11d8-abe9-806d6172696f}\. System Restore will
    > automatically resume service once at least 200 MB of free disk space is
    > available on the system drive.

    Hi,

    Along with the low disk space problem, the opuc.dll file is interfering with the System
    Restore filter. This would corrupt all existing restore points.

    Opuc.dll is the Office Update ActiveX Control. Starting with Method 4, in the following
    article, search for each copy of opuc.dll and delete them all. Then reinstall opuc.dll
    using method 5 and 6.

    How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation from the Office Update Web
    site
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304498

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    allie181 wrote:
    > I had numerous restore points for the last few months. I
    > went to use one today and they'd all disappeared. Can I
    > get them back???
    >
    > I have retrieved the following information to assist with
    > this problem.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help!
    >>

    > sr:
    > The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected
    > error '0xC000007F' while processing the file 'opuc.dll'
    > on the volume 'HarddiskVolume1'. It has stopped
    > monitoring the volume.

Support System Restore Windows XP