Security tab

Hi,

Whenever i right click a folder in explorer and click on properties, the
security tab is never displayed. This happens even though my drive is an
NTFS drive and using it under administrator control.

Is there a setting or something that i am not aware of?

Thanks

Loui,

If using XP Home, you'll see the Security tab while in Safe Mode. For XP
Professional, disable Simple File sharing to see the Security tab.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Loui Mercieca" <loui@gfi.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Whenever i right click a folder in explorer and click on properties, the
> security tab is never displayed. This happens even though my drive is an
> NTFS drive and using it under administrator control.
>
> Is there a setting or something that i am not aware of?
>
> Thanks

I am using xp professional. I tried disabling Simple File sharing but i
still cant see the securtiy tab.

> Loui,
>
> If using XP Home, you'll see the Security tab while in Safe Mode. For XP
> Professional, disable Simple File sharing to see the Security tab.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Loui Mercieca" <loui@gfi.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Whenever i right click a folder in explorer and click on properties, the
>> security tab is never displayed. This happens even though my drive is an
>> NTFS drive and using it under administrator control.
>>
>> Is there a setting or something that i am not aware of?
>>
>> Thanks

Are you sure if that particular drive uses NTFS ? Open My Computer, and
right-click the drive-letter (where the folder is in), and choose
Properties. Look at the File system information.

To turn Simple File Sharing off in Windows XP Professional, follow these
steps:

1.Double-click My Computer on the desktop.
2.On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
3.Click the View tab, and then deselect the Use Simple File Sharing
(Recommended) check box