XP startup problem

I recently applied an exported registry to my pc and restarted the system.
However the computer continually reboots to the last known good configuration
screen and will not even boot up when this choice is selected. Does anyone
have any ideas about how to repair the system as I suspect that the registry
is now corrupt???
2 answers Last reply
More about startup problem

    If possible, manually remove sp2, and/or do a repair setup.
    875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
    Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Blade37" <Blade37@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB30B169-301A-4368-BE64-7AF2FDD0DE30@microsoft.com...
    >I recently applied an exported registry to my pc and restarted the system.
    > However the computer continually reboots to the last known good configuration
    > screen and will not even boot up when this choice is selected. Does anyone
    > have any ideas about how to repair the system as I suspect that the registry
    > is now corrupt???

    Hi

    How old is the Registry that you have imported? If it is too old then you
    will have booting problems.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Blade37" <Blade37@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently applied an exported registry to my pc and restarted the system.
    > However the computer continually reboots to the last known good
    > configuration
    > screen and will not even boot up when this choice is selected. Does anyone
    > have any ideas about how to repair the system as I suspect that the
    > registry
    > is now corrupt???

Registry Windows XP