XP startup problem

August 1, 2005 8:01:03 AM

I recently applied an exported registry to my pc and restarted the system.
However the computer continually reboots to the last known good configuration
screen and will not even boot up when this choice is selected. Does anyone
have any ideas about how to repair the system as I suspect that the registry
is now corrupt???

More about : startup problem

Anonymous
August 1, 2005 10:22:40 AM

If possible, manually remove sp2, and/or do a repair setup.
875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Blade37" <Blade37@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D B30B169-301A-4368-BE64-7AF2FDD0DE30@microsoft.com...
>I recently applied an exported registry to my pc and restarted the system.
> However the computer continually reboots to the last known good configuration
> screen and will not even boot up when this choice is selected. Does anyone
> have any ideas about how to repair the system as I suspect that the registry
> is now corrupt???
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 4:30:43 PM

Hi

How old is the Registry that you have imported? If it is too old then you
will have booting problems.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User