Two Graphics Cards

G

I have a Voodoo3 3000 card in my system now, and I like its 3D gaming ability, but I want to get an ATI All-in-Wonder 128 because of the video capture and the other features. Will both cards work together on the MoBo. I don't want to plug my monitor up to the ATI, just wanna use the features. Would there be any conflicts if one card was AGP and the other PCI?

Win 98SE
500mHz/196mb ram

Thank you in Advance

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
To have two video cards you <b>must</b> have one AGP and one PCI card with Windows 98SE.

There can be problems. DirectX will support only one 3D device at a time, usually your primary. (You can probably select which card will be the primary in your BIOS). The problem is the All-in-Wonder 128 might need to be the primary to get all the video functions to work. Unfortunately, the All-in-Wonder also has 3D capability. DirectX will try to access this card. Some games will let you select the 3D device you want others won't.

With patience it may be workable but I would recommend a Radeon All-in-Wonder for you. This card will give you both capabilities and do better than each of the two cards you mentioned. Also, there will be no conflicts.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I agree, but I'm pretty sure you could use two video cards in the first version of 98.

------------------------------
Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
You can use two but one has to be PCI and the other has to be AGP. At least, that's what the documentation I have read says. As far as I know you cannot use two PCI video cards.