I tried removing adware and spamware from my computer. In doing so temporary
internet files was deleted now i have problems with uploading pictures. also
have a problem at start-up with missing files. I received info on Win fixer
2005 which states it can alleviate these problems. is win fixer 2005 a safe
and effective program or a sham? Any one know?

dischumitz,
Here's some reviews from CNet & Users;
'WinFixer 2005'
(http://www.download.com/WinFixer-2005/3003-2086_4-10412253.html)
A 2 star rating isn't what I'd call the "best of breed."
Treeman

--
Treeman

Here is their support site...
http://www.winfixer.com/support/

j;-)

"dischumitz" wrote:

> I tried removing adware and spamware from my computer. In doing so temporary
> internet files was deleted now i have problems with uploading pictures. also
> have a problem at start-up with missing files. I received info on Win fixer
> 2005 which states it can alleviate these problems. is win fixer 2005 a safe
> and effective program or a sham? Any one know?

Where did you receive info on win fixer 2005?

I never heard of it.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:5C412C7F-9B7C-4E01-80F4-A3A062D01F5B@microsoft.com,
dischumitz <dischumitz@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I tried removing adware and spamware from my computer. In doing so
> temporary internet files was deleted now i have problems with uploading
> pictures. also have a problem at start-up with missing files. I
> received info on Win fixer 2005 which states it can alleviate these
> problems. is win fixer 2005 a safe and effective program or a sham? Any
> one know?

It must not be any good.

Look at these items in the MVPS HOSTS file.

127.0.0.1 download.winfixer.com
127.0.0.1 secure.winfixer.com
127.0.0.1 www.winfixer.com

The OP probably got Messenger Spam advertisements for winfixer.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:0A2FB125-0255-408B-B43B-153989D92C14@microsoft.com,
Jaymon <Jaymon@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Here is their support site...
> http://www.winfixer.com/support/
>
> j;-)
>
> "dischumitz" wrote:
>
>> I tried removing adware and spamware from my computer. In doing so
>> temporary internet files was deleted now i have problems with uploading
>> pictures. also have a problem at start-up with missing files. I
>> received info on Win fixer 2005 which states it can alleviate these
>> problems. is win fixer 2005 a safe and effective program or a sham?
>> Any one know?

If it's trialware, you might be better off to just toss it out of your
Windows....

j;-(

Sham. There is a bunch about it on www.geekstogo.com

"dischumitz" <dischumitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried removing adware and spamware from my computer. In doing so
>temporary
> internet files was deleted now i have problems with uploading pictures.
> also
> have a problem at start-up with missing files. I received info on Win
> fixer
> 2005 which states it can alleviate these problems. is win fixer 2005 a
> safe
> and effective program or a sham? Any one know?

Dee

"dischumitz" wrote:

> I tried removing adware and spamware from my computer. In doing so temporary
> internet files was deleted now i have problems with uploading pictures. also
> have a problem at start-up with missing files. I received info on Win fixer
> 2005 which states it can alleviate these problems. is win fixer 2005 a safe
> and effective program or a sham? Any one know?

I have just had some very bad experience with Winfixer. It may be an
application, but when I couldn't remove it from my computer....even with
their uninstall...I consider it a virus/spyware. I had to go to Stop Sign
(my security software of choice) for an answer. I lost my Excel, I have had
difficulty forwarding email, and I'm not sure just how much else. I had a
real problem getting my computer into Safe Mode...whether Winfixer was
responsible for that for whatever reason, it was scary. Here is how I
FINALLY got it off.

Put computer in Safe Mode, go to Program Files, Find the Winfixer 2005 file
and Delete it. Then go back to Add Remove Programs and it will let you
remove it from the list.

If you go to Add/Remove, without going into Safe Mode, you will get an error
message that tells you the file cannot be removed because it doesn't exist.
I would be very wary...Perhaps I have a compatibility problem..running XP Pro.
Good Luck

Sandy

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2002

Thanks Dee... I'm going to try that now... I'm going crazy with the horrible
bug!! All my anti virus/pop up pblockers haven't worked so I hope this does!
Sandy