I'm running Windows XP Home edition. When I start the PC in safe mode and
attempt to login as Administrator the PC freezes about 80% of the time. Any
suggestions on how to fix this?

Don't log in as administrator in Safe mode?

Ok, seriously now, freezing is often and indicator of a hardware issue. The
fact that it is doing this on a minimal boot tells you that this is even
more so the case. Have the system checked by a competent technician.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"gregwerth" <gregwerth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Windows XP Home edition. When I start the PC in safe mode and
> attempt to login as Administrator the PC freezes about 80% of the time.
> Any
> suggestions on how to fix this?

Hmmm...if it were a hardware problem, wouldn't it also cause problems when
booting in normal mode? Everything runs fine except when trying to login as
Administrator.

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Don't log in as administrator in Safe mode?
>
> Ok, seriously now, freezing is often and indicator of a hardware issue. The
> fact that it is doing this on a minimal boot tells you that this is even
> more so the case. Have the system checked by a competent technician.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "gregwerth" <gregwerth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm running Windows XP Home edition. When I start the PC in safe mode and
> > attempt to login as Administrator the PC freezes about 80% of the time.
> > Any
> > suggestions on how to fix this?

Hi,

Still quite likely, but your welcome to troubleshoot from the software
angle:

How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP [Q310560]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560

HOW TO: Perform Advanced Clean-Boot Troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316434