So I'm in the market to buy a new laptop. My laptop at the moment has a case malfunction that is causing issues between the hinges, keyboard, and motherboard.
1. What is your budget? $800+
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15in+
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920x1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop Replacement Laptop
5. How much battery life do you need? Couple of hours.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? League of Legends = High, Skyrim = High, Metro 2033 = Medium, Amnesia = High
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) = Visual Studio Application Design, Expression Web Design, Access Database Management, Skype while running multiple tabs in Chrome, while using Visual Studio, Expression, or Access.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500GB+
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Just keep to the well known websites = Newegg, Tigerdirect, Bestbuy, etc.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? = More than four years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD ROM/Writer
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I have a Toshiba at the moment, but it's giving me a bad feeling towards buying another. So I would prefer Acer, Asus, or Hp. Please no Dell computers unless they make the price range and offer more than I want.
13. What country do you live in? United States
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I need this laptop to be overall, exceptional. I don't have the money to go out a buy another after one more semester at college. I'm already going to be selling my desktop to buy this one.
I understand that some people like Alienware and Dell computers. I have just always never had anything good to say about them. And if I'm going to be spending $1000 on a laptop I would prefer not to have the Dell or Alienware logo + bloatware on it. Thanks for the response though.
Lenovo Y580 seems to be making the recommendation rounds as well.
That looks like the best one I'm going to get for the money. The only things is I don't want to have to pay more just for Windows 8. I have a Windows 7 disc that I want to put on it, but I can't take Windows 8 off of it.