Removing XP Home SP2 from a dual boot machine

August 1, 2005 12:40:10 PM

I recently purchased a notebook with XP Home SP@ proinstalled. I upgraded to
XP Pro but had to do a complete intall rather than an upgrade because my xp
pro update cd was older than xp home sp2. I now have a windows (xp home) and
a windowsp (xp pro) folder.

How do I uninstall xp home?
--
Thanks,
LJP

Hi,

Click on the Home folder and delete it. If you are prompted for which OS to
boot at startup, start/run msconfig and on the boot.ini tab click the button
to "check all boot paths". It should offer to remove the invalid one.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone