Hey guys, I am looking to pick up a new laptop for school. Any help would be most appreciated!
1. What is your budget?
I can go up to about $750, but the lower the better.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14" or 15.6"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6 hours or so, but the more the better.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I have a gaming desktop so don't intend to use the laptop for much gaming, but it could be nice to be able to run some RPGs and such on low settings. It's not a priority.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
It is mainly for note taking, internet browsing, music, netflix, etc. Nothing heavy.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
The more the better, but it isn't a big concern. Might end up replacing it with a 256GB SSD anyways.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-4 years would be nice.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I would prefer to go with Asus, as I have had good experiences with them in the past, but am open to suggestions. I'm not interested in HP or Dell though, have had issues with them before.