Nvida drivers and games don't work espically Law and Order 2

I install Windows XP and a machine for a friend. All appears to go
good except that we can't some games to run. The games give a BSOD of
nv_disp.dll. According to this:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;325730
error should be correct by getting latest 4 in 1 drivers from Via. I
did that - no help. Our dealer exchanged the GeForce 400 (mad dog 400
mx card). That didn't help. I installed the latest nvida drivers from
here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_77.72.html. No help.

I then got an old GeForcesc/TNT card that I have. It work until I did
something stupid. I put in the new card from the dealer. It works if I
use the Nvida drivers from the from 2002. Now those drivers won't
work.

Bewteen each installation of either card, I booted and used the
Windows XP drivers and then a search and delete all the nvida drivers.

I want to use the GeForce card for this installation of XP. The
GeForce drivers work under Windows 98. I installed Windows Xp on a
newly formatted hard drive so there would no old Windows 98 files
hanging aroumd.

Any suggestions?

thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about nvida drivers games work espically order

    Instead of using version 7.7.7.2, use 7.1.8.9 instead

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html

    David Sherman wrote:
    > I install Windows XP and a machine for a friend. All appears to go
    > good except that we can't some games to run. The games give a BSOD of
    > nv_disp.dll. According to this:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;325730
    > error should be correct by getting latest 4 in 1 drivers from Via. I
    > did that - no help. Our dealer exchanged the GeForce 400 (mad dog 400
    > mx card). That didn't help. I installed the latest nvida drivers from
    > here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_77.72.html. No help.
    >
    > I then got an old GeForcesc/TNT card that I have. It work until I did
    > something stupid. I put in the new card from the dealer. It works if I
    > use the Nvida drivers from the from 2002. Now those drivers won't
    > work.
    >
    > Bewteen each installation of either card, I booted and used the
    > Windows XP drivers and then a search and delete all the nvida drivers.
    >
    > I want to use the GeForce card for this installation of XP. The
    > GeForce drivers work under Windows 98. I installed Windows Xp on a
    > newly formatted hard drive so there would no old Windows 98 files
    > hanging aroumd.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > thanks

    Thanks for information. I have downloaded the file. I will try the
    file this Thursday.

    On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:08:18 GMT, "Terra Prime"
    <somebody@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote:

    >http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html

    Thanks for the help. I failed again. I had 32 mg.Sis card that work so
    I used it.

    thanks again.

    On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:08:18 GMT, "Terra Prime"
    <somebody@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote:

    >Instead of using version 7.7.7.2, use 7.1.8.9 instead
    >
    >http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html
    >
    >David Sherman wrote:
    >> I install Windows XP and a machine for a friend. All appears to go
    >> good except that we can't some games to run. The games give a BSOD of
    >> nv_disp.dll. According to this:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;325730
    >> error should be correct by getting latest 4 in 1 drivers from Via. I
    >> did that - no help. Our dealer exchanged the GeForce 400 (mad dog 400
    >> mx card). That didn't help. I installed the latest nvida drivers from
    >> here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_77.72.html. No help.
    >>
    >> I then got an old GeForcesc/TNT card that I have. It work until I did
    >> something stupid. I put in the new card from the dealer. It works if I
    >> use the Nvida drivers from the from 2002. Now those drivers won't
    >> work.
    >>
    >> Bewteen each installation of either card, I booted and used the
    >> Windows XP drivers and then a search and delete all the nvida drivers.
    >>
    >> I want to use the GeForce card for this installation of XP. The
    >> GeForce drivers work under Windows 98. I installed Windows Xp on a
    >> newly formatted hard drive so there would no old Windows 98 files
    >> hanging aroumd.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> thanks

Drivers Games Windows XP