Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You might like mine it a MONSTER.

Here what I got

ProStar 8794 Accelerator
17.0" WideXGA+ (1440 x 900) LCD
ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON™ 9700 8X AGP 3D with 256MB Integrated DDR
3.4GHz Intel P-4 (Extreme Edition-2MB Cache)
1024MB PC 3200/400 DDR (up to 2048MB)
80GB ATA/100 HDD 5400 RPM
Secondary onboard 80GB ATA100 HDD (5400)
DVD-+R/RW Combo Drive (Dual Format) 8X2X16X10X24X
USB 3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Drive - Standard
7 in 1 Flash Card Reader - Standard
2 12 Cell Smart Li-Ion Battery Run time 3 Hours Each
Creative Labs External Audigy NX2 - 7.1 SRS
USB 2.0 Port Replicator with Ethernet
Laptop Cooler TDD-3000
Wireless - Netgear MR814 802.11b Router

The manufacture wanted $850 for the cpu. And xtreamsnotebook it was $650

And i know alot of you going why so much Power. And I was looking at all the laptops and I wanted 2 hard drives. And not have to worrie about space and The problem with Usb hard drives is they need there own power source. And I wanted to try to keep everything in one Laptop. And taking a USB hard drive would not be easy.

Another question you all might be asking why such a big CPU. Well Paying a little more to get the better cpu. And I can use this for about 10 15 Years. Where the centreno. In a few years the cpus would Like a P2 300. They have a use but Not much of a use.

Then some are going How big is this Monster.

11.0" Wide
15.4" Deep
1.65" Thin

And then your all asking how much battery power.

Standard 8 Cell Battery - Approximately 1.5 hours of runtime (I did not get)
Optional 12 Cell Battery - Approximately 3.0 hours of runtime

And on the site says 10.5 lb with the 8 cell. so I m guessing .5 more with the 12 cell.

http://www.xtremenotebooks.com

My question is this Where can I find a Wireless Modem. So I can be online with out the phoneline.

RaPTuRe

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2001
You might like mine it a MONSTER.
It probably weighs as much as a monster too! 8KG! :p

Another question you all might be asking why such a big CPU. Well Paying a little more to get the better cpu. And I can use this for about 10 15 Years. Where the centreno. In a few years the cpus would Like a P2 300. They have a use but Not much of a use.
Ok, Firstly: the P4 3.4GHz is not all that much more powerful than a P4 2.8GHz - which is about as powerful as a 1.7GHz P-M. So where yours might last 10-15 years, the 1.7GHz Centrino will last 9-13 years - and trust me, by that time? My notebook will most certainly have been replaced/succeeded. The other big thing that you forget is upgradability: The P4 is at the end of its life span, so the chances of you ever upgrading are slim (not to mention that it is questionable as to whether the ProStar 8794 can accomadate a hotter running CPU even if it WERE possible).

And then your all asking how much battery power.

Optional 12 Cell Battery - Approximately 3.0 hours of runtime
..is actually quite impressive for a hefty behemoth of a notebook like that - but doesn't quite compare to the 4-5 hours on avg of a P-M based notebook (7-8hrs with two batteries).

My question is this Where can I find a Wireless Modem. So I can be online with out the phoneline.
you mean wireless as in GSM? or wireless as in you plug one end into the phone line and the other into the notebook? Why not find a wireless ADSL company in your area?

Regards,

RaPTuRe

Who's General Failure and why's he reading my disk?

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well When I look at the Slower Chips Like p4 m 2.8 or centerno. They did not have the space for 2 hard drives and I did not want to lug around usb hard drive and have to plug that into the car or wall. I wanted everything in One Laptop not 8 part. And 100s of Wires. A laptop should be a moble Computer.

You saying a few years they be like the p2 300. That funny Running a amd 1800 4 Years and it Low to mid Range now. As Amd 2600+ are Mid Range. And what I class a low end is a system that can do everything As high or mid range just slowwer. Now take 500mhz Then that useless. Other then just basic email and web surfing. You can t play games. Now around 900ghz to 1.2ghz is the low of the Low end.

And I will be buying a New Desktop when windows 64 comes out. By then the Laptop will be upper Mid range. Where Mid range is 3.0ghz. And the high range would be 4.5ghz or how they test it. And My desktop would be like the p2 500.

Now to the question

As for the Wireless Modem. It the type that you plug into Phone Line and plug a card into the Laptop And I can run 56k connection. as fast as it can go.

RaPTuRe

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2001
I think you misunderstood me, I was not insulting your purchase, just saying that your interests may not be the same as other peoples, and illustrating the fact that your logic was flawed in that you extensive notebook lacks any upgrade potential (i.e. Faster CPU when the time comes, and upgradable graphics boards).

Other than that I'm not really sure what you're saying; it's quite difficult to follow your sentences - I don't know why you are leaving crucial words out... Furthermore, I didn't say anything about a P2 300!?

As for your question, I have no idea - never even heard of the thing. I've been stuck with 56K for way to long to see any reason for anyone to bother using it. Wireless ADSL is what you want if you need wireless internet.

RaPTuRe

BigRat

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've never heard of this kind of modem as well. But I've heard of people getting adapters and using their cellphones with the notebook's internal modem to get wireless dialup.

:cool: :eek: :redface: :frown: :lol: :mad: :eek: :smile: :tongue: :wink: :evil:

RaPTuRe

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2001
It has come to my attention that Dell may sell a modem that seems to fit your description... (i.e. wireless)

RaPTuRe