PC won't shutdown or restart

I'm using XP home edition and for some reason my pc won't shutdown or
restart. When i select turn off or restart nothing happens, it just stays at
my desktop. I tried to bring up task manager and alt - F4 but still nothing
happens. It just stays at my desktop. Everything else is working but it seems
i cant shutdown or restart.
1 answer Last reply
More about shutdown restart

    Take a look here.
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    "Kel121" <Kel121@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm using XP home edition and for some reason my PC won't shutdown or
    > restart. When I select turn off or restart nothing happens, it just stays
    > at
    > my desktop. I tried to bring up task manager and alt - F4 but still
    > nothing
    > happens. It just stays at my desktop. Everything else is working but it
    > seems
    > I cant shutdown or restart.

Desktops Shutdown Windows XP