Alright, i'm looking to but a new laptop, and need a bit of help finding something that fits below. Thanks!
1. What is your budget? $3000 (by no means has to go this high, that's just the max)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13 or 14 inch, no bigger.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1600x900 (would compromise this if I had to)
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Well I suppose I want both.
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium,high)
I plan to due a decent amount of gaming, star craft 2, diablo 3, high settings.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Minor photo editing and quite a lot of video editing. Main thing I use is flash cs6, I do a lot of flash development.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 250gb+ SSD
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Well known websites please.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? = More than five years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Pretty much anything but Acer, had problems in the past.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I need this laptop to last a long time, I plan to use it all through university, and won't be able to afford upgrading. I'd also prefer windows 7 be pre installed if possible.