Let's add some memory...hee-hee....

G

I have been to www.pricewatch.com and they have SGRAM(video cards section...not memory section) for sale...what the hell is SGRAM??? and they sell DDR and SDR..well does that mean I can buy that memory for my MX and instead of 32Mb will have like 544Mb?? hee-hee....

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Adding memory to your board will void it's warrenttee as it impliys that you must remove the current chip and replace it with the new. Some Graphics cards actually let you do this but most do not. SGRAM memory is Single Graphic Random Access Memory, and you probably know the others you mentioned.

If it works for you then don't fix it.

G

Not Single Random Access Memory. U mean Sychonize Random Access Memory

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Older cards. S lot of older cards had memory expansion ability. The oldest ones used memory socket with press in pins, then came snap in sockets, then came expansion modules. The stuff you're looking at is very slow and made for these extremely old cards. A set of the pin type could give you an extra 512k of memory, turning your VGA into an XGA card. Yippy do. A set of the snap in memory could give you an extra 1MB memory, for a total of 2MB. Weeee. The expansion module cards could give you an extra 1,2,4,6, or 8MB, depending on the card.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine