Windows already activated

Mark L. Ferguson Wrote:
> Run a Repair or 'upgrade' setup.
>
> If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version
> of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
> a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE
> you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
>
> 875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer:
>
> How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install:
> http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> FAQ for Windows Antispy
> "mmcgrath" mmcgrath.1t2lpr@pcbanter.net wrote in message
>
> I keep getting this message when I start my computer that says I need
> activate windows, it says click Ok to activate windows, so I click
> Ok,
> then it says "this program of windows is already activated, click ok
> exit" so I click Ok and the computer just restarts again, and the
> whole
> process repeats again and again. Please help!!!!
>

> --
> mmcgrath-

How would I go about doing all that? I don't have the CD. I just got my
computer fixed from a virus it had. Is there anyway to do it without the
CD? I can't do anything on the computer at all. It just restarts and
restarts.

--
mmcgrath
1 answer Last reply

    Any legal Preinstalled version of XP must have a way to Recover the system. It's a 'windows logo' requirement. Determine what you
    have purchased for that.

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "mmcgrath" <mmcgrath.1t3j1o@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:mmcgrath.1t3j1o@pcbanter.net...

    > Mark L. Ferguson Wrote:
    >> Run a Repair or 'upgrade' setup.
    >>
    >> If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version
    >> of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
    >> a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE
    >> you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
    >>
    >> 875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer:
    >>
    >> How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install:
    >> http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mark L. Ferguson
    >> FAQ for Windows Antispy
    >> "mmcgrath" mmcgrath.1t2lpr@pcbanter.net wrote in message
    >>
    >> I keep getting this message when I start my computer that says I need
    >> activate windows, it says click Ok to activate windows, so I click
    >> Ok,
    >> then it says "this program of windows is already activated, click ok
    >> exit" so I click Ok and the computer just restarts again, and the
    >> whole
    >> process repeats again and again. Please help!!!!
    >>

    >> --
    >> mmcgrath-
    >
    > How would I go about doing all that? I don't have the CD. I just got my
    > computer fixed from a virus it had. Is there anyway to do it without the
    > CD? I can't do anything on the computer at all. It just restarts and
    > restarts.
    >

    > --
    > mmcgrath

Computers CD-Rom Windows XP