How is the Radeon 32 DDR going to survive?

Jespark

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2001
I'm thinking in buying that card. Look to me that in 16 bits, It is pretty much the same speed than GeForce 2 MX, and in 32 bits can be from 10 to 100% better than the MX. But how is going that to be in the next months?

Heard of people saying that when programmers start using 3 pipelines for textures, the radeon will have a good boost over GeForce2. How about that?

Wiewing some old tests on tom's guide, using detonator 6.31, the Radeon 32 DDR loses by litlle from the GeForce2 MX in Q3 16 bits and as the game starts getting more advanced, like Mercedes Benz Truck Racing, the radeon gets more and more better than GeForce2 MX and close to GTS. My question: Will that be the same in the near future? Will the Radeon 32 DDR be a nice card for some more time, and will it keep beating the MX?

[SOA]Jespark

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yeh the radeon is better than the mx... it gives a nicer pic too... well it will be "nice" for some time... but the next generations just around the season... youll be fine performance-wise for around 6 months i should say...

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The Radeon 32DDR is a good card. But for half the price of the retail version, you can get the LE, which will perform exactly the same as the 32DDR once you enable Hyper-Z and increase the clock.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

Jespark

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2001
Yeap... But what I really want to know is that if will the radeon keep beating the MX...

The Radeon LE is not availabe in my vendors...

But some new stuff just came at my head... Why don't I just wait more 6 months whit my suffered voodoo3 and buy a GeForce3 MX or KyroIII?

[SOA]Jespark