Reinstalled XP, and need help finding my old files!

Hey ramesh,

I checked the Documents and Settings folders and, the one folder with
my name wont let me in. Like you said, it comes up with an "Access
Denied" error message. How would exactly would I be able to take
ownership to view the files?

Thanks again!

--
aidendark
2 answers Last reply

    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "aidendark" <aidendark.1t3j1n@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > Hey ramesh,
    >
    > I checked the Documents and Settings folders and, the one folder with
    > my name wont let me in. Like you said, it comes up with an "Access
    > Denied" error message. How would exactly would I be able to take
    > ownership to view the files?
    >
    > Thanks again!
    >

    > --
    > aidendark

    How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP?:
    http://www.winxptutor.com/ownership.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "aidendark" <aidendark.1t3j1n@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > Hey ramesh,
    >
    > I checked the Documents and Settings folders and, the one folder with
    > my name wont let me in. Like you said, it comes up with an "Access
    > Denied" error message. How would exactly would I be able to take
    > ownership to view the files?
    >
    > Thanks again!
    >

    > --
    > aidendark