I purchased an Acer Aspire 5552 and after a year or so the AC adapter went (by adapter, I mean the part inside the laptop connected to the MoBo.) So after replacing it I've started running into overheating issues meaning the laptop, when plugged in, overheats like crazy, sometimes reaching upwards of 97C before it shuts down unexpectedly. I've tried taking it apart and reapplying the thermal paste (AS5) and cleaning out the already clean heatsink, I've also went so far as to seal the fan around the heatsink fins themselves to ensure the air is blowing directly through them, to no avail.
This only happens when it's plugged in. It's safe to say that I also purchased a new power adapter (part going from the wall to the laptop) which is one of those Kingston Voltage Auto Detectors. This didn't start happening until I purchased the new AC adapter however. Could this directly be the issue?
I've tried underclocking the CPU via Catalyst Control Center, to no avail.
Last replyBest Answer
More aboutchanged adapter overheating issues
The Kingston A/C adapter may be supplying too much "juice" to the laptop, or the internal part you fitted may be the wrong part.
A new A/C adapter should always be purchased from the laptop manufacturer wherever possible - more expensive certainly, but you know what you're getting.
Best answer selected by Brett928S2.
CLOSING due to age... but please start another thread if you are still having problems , which I will answer promptly...