Acer aspire m5 481pt burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

danparker1111

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Hi, I just purchased this machine brand new, it can read and write cds as well as dvds, and it can burn cds, but it can not burn DVDs - have tried DVD+rw, and a DVD+RDL (dual layer), multiple times, and they just won't burn. Tried using Windows 8 software, and Ashampoo, and Nero, and still just won't write to the DVD. Device manager says the driver is up to date. Could it be a hard ware problem if it reads DVDs and reads and writes CDs (I mean, could it be a problem with one of the lasers, don't know much about that...) Anyone else had any problem like this? The laptop is brand-new.

Solution
what does it say when you try to write? what brand disks? are you sure its a dvd burner?

I just replaced a burner that would read dvd cd and burn cd but not dvd. When I installed the new burner it still would not burn a dvd the problem was Ashampoo and uninstalled it and installed Nero and now it works so I put the old one back in and it didnt help it the dvd burner part was dead. So you might want to check warranty on it.

te100

Distinguished
what does it say when you try to write? what brand disks? are you sure its a dvd burner?

I just replaced a burner that would read dvd cd and burn cd but not dvd. When I installed the new burner it still would not burn a dvd the problem was Ashampoo and uninstalled it and installed Nero and now it works so I put the old one back in and it didnt help it the dvd burner part was dead. So you might want to check warranty on it.

Solution

danparker1111

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Hi te100, was your laptop the Acer Aspire M5? I don't know much about how different DVD drives work, but I tried Ashampoo and Nero, one after the other and neither worked for burning DVDs, nor did Windows 8 software (which does not seem to be popular anyway.) Not sure what to do. The DVD discs were Office Depot brand (dual layer) and the other is K Hypermedia DVD+RW discs, which are cheap-o.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS