i cannot log on my computer

August 1, 2005 5:41:05 PM

I downloaded a sound driver from the internet. then i restart my computer and
i log on my account, but then i switch users to log on to the admin account
butt it wont let me log on. i tried to log on all the accounts but the only
one i could get onto was the one i already logged onto. but that account is a
limited account i heard there was a solution to this. i am ok at computers
but i am not terribly good so if you could provide instructions make them
easy to understand.

thankyou very much for your time
PS this happened to my computer when i tried to download SP2 but i had to
reload windows and i dont really want to do that again
thank you again for your time

More about : log computer

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 4:14:33 PM

To Logon as Default Administrator on Pro Edition, from Welcome screen, press Ctrl-Alt-Delete, Twice , type "Administrator" and use a
blank password (on Home edition - boot to Safe mode - F8 on restart , same logon)

Error Message Windows Cannot Load Your Profile Because It May Be Corrupted: Go to:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318011

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"jared" <jared@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9437A00-503A-48CC-918A-0EADCEF334CC@microsoft.com...
>I downloaded a sound driver from the internet. then i restart my computer and
> i log on my account, but then i switch users to log on to the admin account
> butt it wont let me log on. i tried to log on all the accounts but the only
> one i could get onto was the one i already logged onto. but that account is a
> limited account i heard there was a solution to this. i am ok at computers
> but i am not terribly good so if you could provide instructions make them
> easy to understand.
>
> thankyou very much for your time
> PS this happened to my computer when i tried to download SP2 but i had to
> reload windows and i dont really want to do that again
> thank you again for your time
August 3, 2005 3:33:19 PM

all i did was delete the sound drivers and then i told the computer the sound
device want there then i restarted the computer aftere which i let windows
install the device
ps it wouldnt install it before
thankyou

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> To Logon as Default Administrator on Pro Edition, from Welcome screen, press Ctrl-Alt-Delete, Twice , type "Administrator" and use a
> blank password (on Home edition - boot to Safe mode - F8 on restart , same logon)
>
> Error Message Windows Cannot Load Your Profile Because It May Be Corrupted: Go to:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318011
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "jared" <jared@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9437A00-503A-48CC-918A-0EADCEF334CC@microsoft.com...
> >I downloaded a sound driver from the internet. then i restart my computer and
> > i log on my account, but then i switch users to log on to the admin account
> > butt it wont let me log on. i tried to log on all the accounts but the only
> > one i could get onto was the one i already logged onto. but that account is a
> > limited account i heard there was a solution to this. i am ok at computers
> > but i am not terribly good so if you could provide instructions make them
> > easy to understand.
> >
> > thankyou very much for your time
> > PS this happened to my computer when i tried to download SP2 but i had to
> > reload windows and i dont really want to do that again
> > thank you again for your time

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 5:49:17 PM

You cannot uninstall devices and drivers without admin rights.

--
Mark L. Ferguson

!