i cannot log on my computer

I downloaded a sound driver from the internet. then i restart my computer and
i log on my account, but then i switch users to log on to the admin account
butt it wont let me log on. i tried to log on all the accounts but the only
one i could get onto was the one i already logged onto. but that account is a
limited account i heard there was a solution to this. i am ok at computers
but i am not terribly good so if you could provide instructions make them
easy to understand.

thankyou very much for your time
PS this happened to my computer when i tried to download SP2 but i had to
reload windows and i dont really want to do that again
thank you again for your time
3 answers Last reply
More about computer

    To Logon as Default Administrator on Pro Edition, from Welcome screen, press Ctrl-Alt-Delete, Twice , type "Administrator" and use a
    blank password (on Home edition - boot to Safe mode - F8 on restart , same logon)

    Error Message Windows Cannot Load Your Profile Because It May Be Corrupted: Go to:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318011

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "jared" <jared@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9437A00-503A-48CC-918A-0EADCEF334CC@microsoft.com...
    >I downloaded a sound driver from the internet. then i restart my computer and
    > i log on my account, but then i switch users to log on to the admin account
    > butt it wont let me log on. i tried to log on all the accounts but the only
    > one i could get onto was the one i already logged onto. but that account is a
    > limited account i heard there was a solution to this. i am ok at computers
    > but i am not terribly good so if you could provide instructions make them
    > easy to understand.
    >
    > thankyou very much for your time
    > PS this happened to my computer when i tried to download SP2 but i had to
    > reload windows and i dont really want to do that again
    > thank you again for your time

    all i did was delete the sound drivers and then i told the computer the sound
    device want there then i restarted the computer aftere which i let windows
    install the device
    ps it wouldnt install it before
    thankyou

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > To Logon as Default Administrator on Pro Edition, from Welcome screen, press Ctrl-Alt-Delete, Twice , type "Administrator" and use a
    > blank password (on Home edition - boot to Safe mode - F8 on restart , same logon)
    >
    > Error Message Windows Cannot Load Your Profile Because It May Be Corrupted: Go to:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318011
    >
    > --
    > Mark L. Ferguson
    > "jared" <jared@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9437A00-503A-48CC-918A-0EADCEF334CC@microsoft.com...
    > >I downloaded a sound driver from the internet. then i restart my computer and
    > > i log on my account, but then i switch users to log on to the admin account
    > > butt it wont let me log on. i tried to log on all the accounts but the only
    > > one i could get onto was the one i already logged onto. but that account is a
    > > limited account i heard there was a solution to this. i am ok at computers
    > > but i am not terribly good so if you could provide instructions make them
    > > easy to understand.
    > >
    > > thankyou very much for your time
    > > PS this happened to my computer when i tried to download SP2 but i had to
    > > reload windows and i dont really want to do that again
    > > thank you again for your time

    You cannot uninstall devices and drivers without admin rights.

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "jared" <jared@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5B6954E-8B23-42F8-B9A0-664C4124A3FE@microsoft.com...
    > all i did was delete the sound drivers and then i told the computer the sound
    > device want there then i restarted the computer aftere which i let windows
    > install the device
    > ps it wouldnt install it before
    > thankyou
    >
    > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    >
    >> To Logon as Default Administrator on Pro Edition, from Welcome screen, press Ctrl-Alt-Delete, Twice , type "Administrator" and
    >> use a
    >> blank password (on Home edition - boot to Safe mode - F8 on restart , same logon)
    >>
    >> Error Message Windows Cannot Load Your Profile Because It May Be Corrupted: Go to:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318011
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mark L. Ferguson
    >> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    >> "jared" <jared@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9437A00-503A-48CC-918A-0EADCEF334CC@microsoft.com...
    >> >I downloaded a sound driver from the internet. then i restart my computer and
    >> > i log on my account, but then i switch users to log on to the admin account
    >> > butt it wont let me log on. i tried to log on all the accounts but the only
    >> > one i could get onto was the one i already logged onto. but that account is a
    >> > limited account i heard there was a solution to this. i am ok at computers
    >> > but i am not terribly good so if you could provide instructions make them
    >> > easy to understand.
    >> >
    >> > thankyou very much for your time
    >> > PS this happened to my computer when i tried to download SP2 but i had to
    >> > reload windows and i dont really want to do that again
    >> > thank you again for your time

Computers Windows XP