how to update product key with valid licence?

I am a small business technician in canada called in to do a repair for a
church. I found that some time ago an invalid licence number was used to
upgrade a computer to Windows xp pro. In attempting to use windows update the
licence number would not validate and I was stuck. having broght this to
their attention, they have purchased a proper licence for the machine. How do
I get it installed, I have tried to run windows activation again but having
been previously activated it want's to close down before getting the new
number.

--
PC Doctor
Canada

Alan279 wrote:
> I am a small business technician in canada called in to do a repair
> for a church. I found that some time ago an invalid licence number
> was used to upgrade a computer to Windows xp pro. In attempting to
> use windows update the licence number would not validate and I was
> stuck. having broght this to their attention, they have purchased a
> proper licence for the machine. How do I get it installed, I have
> tried to run windows activation again but having been previously
> activated it want's to close down before getting the new number.

Repair Install.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP