blaster worm

August 1, 2005 10:20:01 PM

If you have sp2 instaled do you stil need to install blaster worm patch?.

More about : blaster worm

Anonymous
August 1, 2005 10:20:02 PM

No; You *DO* need a reputable, up-to-date antivirus program and a firewall.
SP2 is not a replacement for AV or Firewall.

Bobby

"tjajm" <tjajm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you have sp2 instaled do you stil need to install blaster worm patch?.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 12:03:58 AM

tjajm wrote:
> If you have sp2 instaled do you stil need to install blaster worm patch?.

No. The "patch" to repair the vulnerability Blaster exploited was
included in SP1, so it's also included in SP2.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 6:31:10 AM

With your SP2, do you have a firewall, and Antivirus software too? but I
don't think you need to, but I may get corrected.

!