why is contrast control disabled when using DVI?

I have a dell 2001FP LCD monitor. When connected with a DVI cable, the
contrast control is disabled. Why is this?
2 answers Last reply
More about contrast control disabled

    "peter" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >I have a dell 2001FP LCD monitor. When connected with a DVI cable, the
    >contrast control is disabled. Why is this?

    I believe because the computer should be controlling the contrast. Haven't
    ever looked but there should be someplace to control it.

    "peter" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >I have a dell 2001FP LCD monitor. When connected with a DVI cable, the
    >contrast control is disabled. Why is this?

    OK, figured it out. Go into settings, then advanced. Go to the Color tab,
    there you can change brightness and contrast.

    Tom

Dell DVI LCD Monitor Computers