Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

i730 in service beep

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
July 5, 2004 2:06:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

My i730 beeps every time it regains a coverage signal. Does anyone know
how to get that to go away? I spend a lot of time in an office in which
I get coverage only on one side. That means that every time I walk back
and forth, I get an annoying beep from my phone. Beep, beep, beep, all
day long. Its driving me crazy. I've checked the manual and every menu
on the phone, but no luck turning it off.

Thanks,

Jeff

More about : i730 service beep

Anonymous
July 6, 2004 7:41:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

keep the phone powered off. LOL



"Jeff" <jeff@gdn.org> wrote in message
news:jeff-293AAF.10061505072004@news.ispnews.com...
> My i730 beeps every time it regains a coverage signal. Does anyone know
> how to get that to go away? I spend a lot of time in an office in which
> I get coverage only on one side. That means that every time I walk back
> and forth, I get an annoying beep from my phone. Beep, beep, beep, all
> day long. Its driving me crazy. I've checked the manual and every menu
> on the phone, but no luck turning it off.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff
>
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 5:49:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

"Jeff" <jeff@gdn.org> wrote in message
news:jeff-293AAF.10061505072004@news.ispnews.com...
> My i730 beeps every time it regains a coverage signal. Does anyone know
> how to get that to go away? I spend a lot of time in an office in which
> I get coverage only on one side. That means that every time I walk back
> and forth, I get an annoying beep from my phone. Beep, beep, beep, all
> day long. Its driving me crazy. I've checked the manual and every menu
> on the phone, but no luck turning it off.
>

Yeah, and I think it still beeps even if you have it in vibrate mode.
Related resources
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 3:42:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

In message <10em428h0ssdvdd@news.supernews.com> "admin too"
<nguser2u@no.spam.AOL.com> wrote:

>Yeah, and I think it still beeps even if you have it in vibrate mode.

Correct. :( 


--
You're not as stupid as you look, or sound, or our best testing indicates.
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 1:48:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

DevilsPGD wrote:

> In message <10em428h0ssdvdd@news.supernews.com> "admin too"
> <nguser2u@no.spam.AOL.com> wrote:
>
>
>>Yeah, and I think it still beeps even if you have it in vibrate mode.
>
>
> Correct. :( 
>
>

My i730 does not give any service beeps when I'm in "vibrate
all". If you OPEN the phone and then click the volume down all the
way you get vibrate all and my phone never makes another sound until
I OPEN the clam and raise the vol again. Apparently this is quite
different from doing it with the phone closed. I worked in a school
last April and May so internittant noises from it would be totally
unacceptable.

--
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 11:20:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

In message <6t2Hc.128$Qj.41@lakeread01> "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>>>Yeah, and I think it still beeps even if you have it in vibrate mode.
>>
>> Correct. :( 
>
> My i730 does not give any service beeps when I'm in "vibrate
>all". If you OPEN the phone and then click the volume down all the
>way you get vibrate all and my phone never makes another sound until
>I OPEN the clam and raise the vol again. Apparently this is quite
>different from doing it with the phone closed. I worked in a school
>last April and May so internittant noises from it would be totally
>unacceptable.

Most odd. I have one profile with all the volumes set to "0", it still
chirps. Might be a firmware fix though...


--
"Gee, Bill what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night Steve. Try to take over the world!"
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 5:19:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

DevilsPGD wrote:

> In message <6t2Hc.128$Qj.41@lakeread01> "WindsorFox[SS]"
> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>
>
>>>>Yeah, and I think it still beeps even if you have it in vibrate mode.
>>>
>>>Correct. :( 
>>
>> My i730 does not give any service beeps when I'm in "vibrate
>>all". If you OPEN the phone and then click the volume down all the
>>way you get vibrate all and my phone never makes another sound until
>>I OPEN the clam and raise the vol again. Apparently this is quite
>>different from doing it with the phone closed. I worked in a school
>>last April and May so internittant noises from it would be totally
>>unacceptable.
>
>
> Most odd. I have one profile with all the volumes set to "0", it still
> chirps. Might be a firmware fix though...
>
>

And it may be different from "vibrate all". Thry it the way I said
and see if it still beeps.

--
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 12:17:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

In message <27gHc.1928$Qj.674@lakeread01> "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>>>>>Yeah, and I think it still beeps even if you have it in vibrate mode.
>>>>
>>>>Correct. :( 
>>>
>>> My i730 does not give any service beeps when I'm in "vibrate
>>>all". If you OPEN the phone and then click the volume down all the
>>>way you get vibrate all and my phone never makes another sound until
>>>I OPEN the clam and raise the vol again. Apparently this is quite
>>>different from doing it with the phone closed. I worked in a school
>>>last April and May so internittant noises from it would be totally
>>>unacceptable.
>>
>>
>> Most odd. I have one profile with all the volumes set to "0", it still
>> chirps. Might be a firmware fix though...
>>
>>
>
>And it may be different from "vibrate all". Thry it the way I said
>and see if it still beeps.

I'm not using Vibrate all in this profile.

When you turn the volume up or down when the flip is open you're
changing the "Ring Volume" -- I've already got it at zero.


--
HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 12:17:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

DevilsPGD wrote:

>
> I'm not using Vibrate all in this profile.
>
> When you turn the volume up or down when the flip is open you're
> changing the "Ring Volume" -- I've already got it at zero.
>
>

Actually when you do it with it closed you're changing the ring
volume. When you do it open it apparently changes every thing that
makes a noise. Turn the volume all the way down while it's closed and
if someone hits a DC or alerts you, it still comes out loud and I
still get service beeps. When I turn it down flipped open, I get no
service beeps and anything that would make a sound vibes.

--
!