Repeater RECOGNITION

Does anyone know how to get Windows XP Pro to recognize repeater that has
same ssid as the host AP? I'm using a DLINK DWL 2100AP as a AP and another
of the same for the repeater. The repeater has the MAC address of the host
AP and it is working and seen by a Windows ME unit on the same
network...both the host AP and teh associated repeater comes up on the ME
system.

DLINK states in their Knowledge base that XP zero config will not work with
two of the same SSID's which the ap and repeater must have to link.

Thanks.

mm

"Michael D. Brooks" <mikedb@panix.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to get Windows XP Pro to recognize repeater that has
> same ssid as the host AP? I'm using a DLINK DWL 2100AP as a AP and
another
> of the same for the repeater. The repeater has the MAC address of the
host
> AP and it is working and seen by a Windows ME unit on the same
> network...both the host AP and teh associated repeater comes up on the ME
> system.
>
> DLINK states in their Knowledge base that XP zero config will not work
with
> two of the same SSID's which the ap and repeater must have to link.
>
> Thanks.

Dont use Zero config - use the client adaptor card utility that will
recognise and lock onto the repeater signal (by SSID)

MM wrote:
> "Michael D. Brooks" <mikedb@panix.com> wrote in message
>
>>Does anyone know how to get Windows XP Pro to recognize repeater that has
>>same ssid as the host AP? I'm using a DLINK DWL 2100AP as a AP and
>
> another
>
>>of the same for the repeater. The repeater has the MAC address of the
>
> host
>
>>AP and it is working and seen by a Windows ME unit on the same
>>network...both the host AP and teh associated repeater comes up on the ME
>>system.
>>
>>DLINK states in their Knowledge base that XP zero config will not work
>
> with
>
>>two of the same SSID's which the ap and repeater must have to link.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>

> Dont use Zero config - use the client adaptor card utility that will
> recognise and lock onto the repeater signal (by SSID)

I've done all that with my two DLINK 900AP+ access points, the two show
up fine, but when I hook up to the repeater, no throughput, zero. The
signal strength meter shows 80%, the signal quality is good, but no
bytes pass through. When I hook up to the one configured as access
point, everything's fine. What the heck?