chkdsk ignored

Hi
My computer has started to show the dreaded blue screen, when I run chkdsk
without any parameters it states; there are file errors, but there are no bad
sectors
However when I try to run chkdsk /f; I go through the usual procedure ; type
y to run when I next start Windows, but when windows restarts it ignores this
and goes back to my desk top. What's the story?
Thanks in advance.

Eats, roots and leaves.

Wally,

A) When and if you get a blue screen (assuming you really mean a fatal STOP error), write down the full code + all the text of the message.
Then do some research. See Aumha.org's knowledge base on stop errors
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

B) After saying Y to running CHKDSK (for running at next start), did you logoff and select shutdown-restart ?

C) It may be that on your system the CHKDSK ran but your system is set not to display some info on Windows startup.
Select the RUN menu, type in MSCONFIG

Click on the Boot.INI tab. Look at bottom left block titled "Boot Options". If NOGUIBOOT is selected (checked), change it to un-selected (click on box to clear it).

D) Back to point A. Cure any STOP errors you see, pronto.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User