spontaneous crash/errors

My computer just started having all these errors. I get the popups that say
there has been an error, send error report, etc. Sometimes as soon as one is
sent, another will pop up. Sometimes a microsoft window will show up saying
it is a driver error, but it can't tell me which one, and it just *thinks*
its a driver error. Nothing new has been installed on my computer.
Sometimes I'll be doing something, when my screen goes black, my computer
just restarts. No warning, nothing. It is getting really annoying. It pop
ups have problems with winlogon, and iexplorer, if that is helpful. Today, I
had to restart my computer just so I could sign onto my windows account!
Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

First off you need to rule out viruses. Then remove spyware. If your system
restarts by itself, you need to go to the Start up and Recovery Settings in
the Advanced tab of the System Properties, and uncheck "Automatically
restart" at system failure. Then hopefully the next time their is a crash at
least you will get a BSOD which may actually reference the driver causing
the problem. You can also check the event viewer logs for errors. I would
also go ahead and grab the latest drivers for your video card, and also
download all the critical windows updates for your pc.

Brian Pugh
A+, Network+, MCP