Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

how to: floppy boot disk

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
August 1, 2005 11:59:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

hey all,

how do i create a bootable floppy disk so i can use the cd rom to load xp
home?

thanks,
ari

More about : floppy boot disk

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 2:17:22 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Do you mean you want to setup Windows XP? or something else?

For setup of XP, the XP CD is bootable. Set pc BIOS to boot from CDROM first. Boot from XP CD.

Guide to upgrading (or new install) Win XP at Aumha.org
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpupgrad.htm

See Paul Thurrott's website on guide for XP new install
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean...

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
-----


ari wrote:
> hey all,
>
> how do i create a bootable floppy disk so i can use the cd rom to
> load xp home?
>
> thanks,
> ari
August 3, 2005 6:26:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

thank you, this helps.

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> Do you mean you want to setup Windows XP? or something else?
>
> For setup of XP, the XP CD is bootable. Set pc BIOS to boot from CDROM first. Boot from XP CD.
>
> Guide to upgrading (or new install) Win XP at Aumha.org
> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpupgrad.htm
>
> See Paul Thurrott's website on guide for XP new install
> http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean...
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> -----
>
>
> ari wrote:
> > hey all,
> >
> > how do i create a bootable floppy disk so i can use the cd rom to
> > load xp home?
> >
> > thanks,
> > ari
>
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 10:44:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Ari,
All the best to you.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
-----


ari wrote:
> thank you, this helps.
>
> "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
>
>> Do you mean you want to setup Windows XP? or something else?
>>
>> For setup of XP, the XP CD is bootable. Set pc BIOS to boot from
>> CDROM first. Boot from XP CD.
>>
>> Guide to upgrading (or new install) Win XP at Aumha.org
>> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpupgrad.htm
>>
>> See Paul Thurrott's website on guide for XP new install
>> http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean...
>>
>> --
>> Maurice N
>> MVP Windows - Shell / User
!