2 cable modems one pc increase download speed

I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a way to
connect both modems and increase download speed? Not sure what to search for
on google or I'd do that first, but I will try. I'm running windows xp pro
sp2.

http://www.cable-modems.org/q&a/index.php?one_question=2080

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13562268?hilite=test64

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's

"VManes" <vmanes@N0SP&Mrap.midco.net> wrote in message
> http://www.cable-modems.org/q&a/index.php?one_question=2080
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13562268?hilite=test64
>

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~
> "We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's
> Crystals...
> let's watch what happens."
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~
> "ABS" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a way to
> connect both modems and increase download speed? Not sure what to search
> for
> on google or I'd do that first, but I will try. I'm running windows xp pro
> sp2.

thanks. one said only routers, i know this already, the other mentioned
software from midpoint.com aqnd vicomsoft.com both which are not available.
vicomsoft surfdouble does not exist and midpoint says www.midpoint.com is
not available. so what else is there for software only that i can try out?
or can windows xp pro do this at all?

i al;ready have an awesome rtouter that doesn't do this, so im just looking
for software in win xp only. and only to try out for a night.

The download speed is controlled by the ISP and depends mostly upon what
service you have purchased from them. If you have a package that gives you
768k download speeds, there is no way you can increase that to, say 1.5 meg
download speed, without contracting for the greater speed with your ISP.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner
"If you knew as much as you think you know,

"Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The download speed is controlled by the ISP and depends mostly upon what
> service you have purchased from them. If you have a package that gives you
> 768k download speeds, there is no way you can increase that to, say 1.5
> meg download speed, without contracting for the greater speed with your
> ISP.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from: George Ankner
> "If you knew as much as you think you know,
>
> "ABS" <a@a.com> wrote in message
>> I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a way
>> to connect both modems and increase download speed? Not sure what to
>> search for on google or I'd do that first, but I will try. I'm running
>> windows xp pro sp2.

yes there is. 2 modems and software to combine them by aggregating and so
forth.

If you know, why did you ask?

Your download speed is set at the C.O. The ISP isn't going to let you have
something for nothing, any more that you would if you were in their shoes.

--

> If you know, why did you ask?
>
> Your download speed is set at the C.O. The ISP isn't going to let you have
> something for nothing, any more that you would if you were in their shoes.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from: George Ankner
> "If you knew as much as you think you know,
>
> "ABS" <a@a.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
>> message news:ugLHv70lFHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> The download speed is controlled by the ISP and depends mostly upon what
>>> service you have purchased from them. If you have a package that gives
>>> you 768k download speeds, there is no way you can increase that to, say
>>> 1.5 meg download speed, without contracting for the greater speed with
>>> your ISP.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Richard Urban
>>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> Quote from: George Ankner
>>> "If you knew as much as you think you know,
>>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
>>>
>>> "ABS" <a@a.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>> yes there is. 2 modems and software to combine them by aggregating and so
>> forth.

You do not see my post entirely. I said 2 cable modems. So anyhow I'm not
going to argue. I just am looking for windows xp software to do this
connection teaming and aggregation. vicomsoft does it, but I'm also
interested in other software too.