I get error messager on startup that file or directory \FBIndex.log is
corrupt Please run chkdsk.

The I run it and it does not solve the problem. I dont have a system restore
point that will fix it and my backup hard drive does not solve the problem.
The error shows up in the ntoification icons. Hopw do I get rrid of this
problem when I startup windows?

Most logging is done in the Performance admin tool

Go to start/run, and type PERFMON.MSC

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"ggriffin28" <ggriffin28@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:553ED72D-E7EA-4463-88F4-F25B821E0FD4@microsoft.com...
>I get error messager on startup that file or directory \FBIndex.log is
> corrupt Please run chkdsk.
>
> The I run it and it does not solve the problem. I dont have a system restore
> point that will fix it and my backup hard drive does not solve the problem.
> The error shows up in the ntoification icons. Hopw do I get rrid of this
> problem when I startup windows?

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I get error messager on startup that file or directory
> FBIndex.log is
> corrupt Please run chkdsk.
>
> The I run it and it does not solve the problem. I dont have a
> system restore
> point that will fix it and my backup hard drive does not solve
> the problem.
> The error shows up in the ntoification icons. Hopw do I get
> rrid of this
> problem when I startup windows?

Why dont you just delete the offending file?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Corrupt-file-ftopict403589.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1336696

I didn't want to delte the file, becuase I thought it amy have been an
important file. It turned out to be an internet shortcut. So, I went ahead
abd deleted the file. I could not find the file at first because the
extention of the file was corrupted (the file name). I tried searching with
out the extension incuded in the file name, and it turned up. Thanks for the
suggestion. I tried it before, but after the change I fionally found it so I
could delete it!