How remove unwanted duplicated folder listing in Windows E..

August 3, 2005 12:45:46 AM

My Windows Explorer has been set up to list as a separate item a
particular sub-folder from My Pictures. It lists in My Computer
underneath Control Panel. If I open My Computer directly, it also lists
as an icon after the control panel icon. The folder still lists in it's
normal place in Windows Explorer under My Documents/My Pictures as well.

I added the extra listing for convenience as I was using it a lot and
wanted rapid access. I had found out how to do it from somewhere on the
Internet.

Now I want to remove the extra listing, (not the real folder or data)
but can't find the instructions on how to do it. I thought I saved them
as an mht file, but cant find it. Google searches have so far failed.

Does anyone have the details or can point to a URL to explain how to
remove this unwanted listing please?
TIA
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 2:34:23 PM

Go to start/run, and type:

HH ms-its:%windir%\Help\filefold.chm::/windows_make_folders_private.htm

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Peter Wilkins" <wilkinsp_nospam@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message news:o Hn0X90lFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> My Windows Explorer has been set up to list as a separate item a particular sub-folder from My Pictures. It lists in My Computer
> underneath Control Panel. If I open My Computer directly, it also lists as an icon after the control panel icon. The folder
> still lists in it's normal place in Windows Explorer under My Documents/My Pictures as well.
>
> I added the extra listing for convenience as I was using it a lot and wanted rapid access. I had found out how to do it from
> somewhere on the Internet.
>
> Now I want to remove the extra listing, (not the real folder or data) but can't find the instructions on how to do it. I thought
> I saved them as an mht file, but cant find it. Google searches have so far failed.
>
> Does anyone have the details or can point to a URL to explain how to remove this unwanted listing please?
> TIA
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 4:02:21 PM

Mark L. Ferguson wrote:
> Go to start/run, and type:
>
> HH ms-its:%windir%\Help\filefold.chm::/windows_make_folders_private.htm

Thanks for the reply Mark, but making the folder private doesn't delete
the additional folder listing in Windows Explorer that I am trying to
remove.

The Windows Explorer Folders display I get (with My Computer expanded)
is like:

Desktop
+ My Documents
- My Computer
+ A Floppy
+ C Boot
+ D DVD-RW
+ E Data
+ F SD Backup
+ Control Panel
+ Hols O/S 05 <- <- <-
Network Connections
Scheduled Tasks
+ My Network Places
Recycle Bin

The "Hols O/S 05" folder listing (highlighted by <- <- <- ) is the one I
wish to remove.
The Hols O/S 05 folder also appears in it's correct place under My
Documents-My Pictures, but I don't want to delete that!

Rightclicking on the additional folder listing doesn't give me a delete
option, although it does on the subfolders - so it appears that the
additional listing is behaving as another hard drive.

Thanks again,
Peter
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 7:58:09 PM

Peter Wilkins wrote:
> Mark L. Ferguson wrote:
>
>> Go to start/run, and type:
>>
>> HH ms-its:%windir%\Help\filefold.chm::/windows_make_folders_private.htm
>>
> Thanks for the reply Mark, but making the folder private doesn't delete
> the additional folder listing in Windows Explorer that I am trying to
> remove.
>
> The Windows Explorer Folders display I get (with My Computer expanded)
> is like:
>
> Desktop
> + My Documents
> - My Computer
> + A Floppy
> + C Boot
> + D DVD-RW
> + E Data
> + F SD Backup
> + Control Panel
> + Hols O/S 05 <- <- <-
> Network Connections
> Scheduled Tasks
> + My Network Places
> Recycle Bin
>
> The "Hols O/S 05" folder listing (highlighted by <- <- <- ) is the one I
> wish to remove.
> The Hols O/S 05 folder also appears in it's correct place under My
> Documents-My Pictures, but I don't want to delete that!
>
> Rightclicking on the additional folder listing doesn't give me a delete
> option, although it does on the subfolders - so it appears that the
> additional listing is behaving as another hard drive.
>
> Thanks again,
> Peter

OK, i've fixed it. Found a MS item "How to add Custom Folders to
Windows explorer or the desktop". It's wasn't quite the same but gave
me the confidence to remove the appropriate registry entries.
Thanks for your help
!