X-Isle: Dinosaur Island using GeForce3 and GeForce

G

Hi all!!

Look at Noticias3D.com. They have posted posted an article using the X-Isle: Dinosaur Island demo in order to show the differences between the GeForce2 and the GeForce3 based cards. They also use this demo to show some examples about GeForce3 effects like Environment Bump Mapping, Pixel Shaders, Vertex Shaders, Quincunx Antialiasing, etc.. A very good looking stuff :lol:

Here is the link:
<A HREF="http://www.noticias3d.com/articulos/200106/xisle/1.asp" target="_new">http://www.noticias3d.com/articulos/200106/xisle/1.asp</A>

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
They Look Brilliant, but the GeForce Three Dinasours looked a bit shiny. The Transparent one was great though.

<font color=red><i>Tomorrow I will live, the fool does say
today itself's too late; the wise lived yesterday

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Dinasours are surpose to have feathers, those are unrealistic dinasours. HEHE, thats what scientist now say about diansours, I am not sure which ones had feathers or they all had feathers. In short we still have a form of a diansour today and that would be birds in general. Interesting isn't it.

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Only some of them had feathers. I think some descendants of the velociraptors and descendants of alasourus had feathers. Imagine a 7 foot turkey that can rip you apart and start eating you while your still alive.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
<b>C :cool: :cool: L</b> man, would make for an awesome game wouldn't it. Also kinda funny, they must have been one ugly looking bird traped on the ground.

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
yeah! Is JP3 out in the states yet?

I've also seen the <font color=blue>Walking with Dinasaurs</font color=blue> series on the BBC. Thats about the only good thing the BBC have done in the past 50 years, and they've been taxing the UK citizens for the TV box they have in the house since the beginning......

Also, some other dinasaur stuff on Discovery. Cool stuff!