Transfer Outlook emails to new computer

How do I transfer emails from one computer to a new one. I don't want to have
to send my important emails to another email account and send them to the new
computer.
3 answers Last reply
More about transfer outlook emails computer

    Export to a .pst file. Then import the .pst file to your new email account.
    In Outlook > File > Import and Export > Export to a file > Select the .pst
    file.
    Same when you import but it is Import from another program or file..

    "Green man" wrote:

    > How do I transfer emails from one computer to a new one. I don't want to have
    > to send my important emails to another email account and send them to the new
    > computer.

    Dont use Export or Import - can cause too many probs.
    With OL closed copy *.pst's to cd
    From cd to hd
    Ensure read only flag is off
    In OL File/Open/Data File ( or personal Folders) browse to pst

    "Green man" wrote:
    >How do I transfer emails from one computer to a new one. I don’t
    >want to have
    >to send my important emails to another email account and send them to
    >the new
    >computer.
    Greetings Green man,
    This is the only way I know....search for *.pst and save it to a CD or
    network drive.... :idea:
    Best regards,
    ultra_classic :)

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Transfer-Outlook-emails-computer-ftopict403645.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1336859

Outlook Computers Microsoft Support Windows XP