Transfer Outlook emails to new computer

August 2, 2005 9:36:09 AM

How do I transfer emails from one computer to a new one. I don't want to have
to send my important emails to another email account and send them to the new
computer.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 11:29:03 AM

Export to a .pst file. Then import the .pst file to your new email account.
In Outlook > File > Import and Export > Export to a file > Select the .pst
file.
Same when you import but it is Import from another program or file..

"Green man" wrote:

> How do I transfer emails from one computer to a new one. I don't want to have
> to send my important emails to another email account and send them to the new
> computer.
August 2, 2005 8:35:51 PM

Dont use Export or Import - can cause too many probs.
With OL closed copy *.pst's to cd
From cd to hd
Ensure read only flag is off
In OL File/Open/Data File ( or personal Folders) browse to pst

"Green man" <Green man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I transfer emails from one computer to a new one. I don't want to
have
> to send my important emails to another email account and send them to the
new
> computer.
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 4:36:31 AM

"Green man" wrote:
>How do I transfer emails from one computer to a new one. I don’t
>want to have
>to send my important emails to another email account and send them to
>the new
>computer.
Greetings Green man,
This is the only way I know....search for *.pst and save it to a CD or
network drive.... :idea:
Best regards,
ultra_classic :)

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Transfer-Ou...