Does anyone knows "Alien 8" ?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Hey Folks,
I am searching a freeware game "Alien 8" (not ROM, shareware or so, only
freeware)
Does anyone knows where I can find this game?
Rudy
http://www.caiman.us
10 answers Last reply
More about does alien
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Rudy Versele wrote:

    > Hey Folks,
    > I am searching a freeware game "Alien 8" (not ROM, shareware or so, only
    > freeware). Does anyone knows where I can find this game?
    > Rudy
    > http://www.caiman.us

    Rudy, do you mean a pc/win clone?
    Something seems to be here (but I can't read the language...)

    http://web.salleurl.edu/~is11123/

    regards

    --
    Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

    My sites:
    Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/index.html
    Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/index.html
    Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire: http://home.halden.net/vkp/index.html
    My fishy site (fishing games): http://home.no/vkp32/index.html
    Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb: http://www.fredrikshald-havfiske.no
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Vegard Krog Petersen wrote:

    > Rudy Versele wrote:
    >
    > > Hey Folks,
    > > I am searching a freeware game "Alien 8" (not ROM, shareware or so, only
    > > freeware). Does anyone knows where I can find this game?
    > > Rudy
    > > http://www.caiman.us
    > >

    > Rudy, do you mean a pc/win clone?
    > Something seems to be here (but I can't read the language...)
    >
    > http://web.salleurl.edu/~is11123/
    >
    > regards
    >
    > --
    > Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway
    >
    > My sites:
    > Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/index.html
    > Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/index.html
    > Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire: http://home.halden.net/vkp/index.html
    > My fishy site (fishing games): http://home.no/vkp32/index.html
    > Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb: http://www.fredrikshald-havfiske.no

    Thanks Vegard,

    Indeed PC/Win clone :)

    I downloaded and ran it, but no joy. It is only a test. Great music ;) and something is
    moving. It seems a kind of 3D starwars or something as that. But nothing works. I tried
    all the keys, mouse and joystick, only Z, X (camera view) and Q = quit works.
    Thanks anyway, yet I have an idea what the game I am looking for looks like :)

    Regards,
    Rudy
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Rudy Versele <rudy@caiman.be> wrote here on 22 Jul 2004:

    > Hey Folks,
    > I am searching a freeware game "Alien 8" (not ROM, shareware or
    > so, only freeware)
    > Does anyone knows where I can find this game?
    > Rudy
    > http://www.caiman.us

    "Alien 8", an isometric arcade adventure was originally a ZX Spectrum
    8-bit game published in 1985, about which you can find information here:

    http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseek.cgi?regexp=^Alien+8$&pub=^Ultimate+Play+The+Game$

    The page mentioned above contains a lot of information about the game,
    including an original advertisment, magazine reviews and instructions.

    Unfortunately, as you'll see from that page, Alien 8 is "distribution
    denied", which means that the copyright holders (still trading under
    another name) have decided not to allow it to be used with emulators
    and so on. That in turn may make any PC remake, freeware or not, a
    little dodgy legally.

    --
    Above address *is* valid.

    Support the world's oldest motorsport venue!
    http://www.shelsley-walsh.co.uk/future.html
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    David Buttery wrote:

    > Rudy Versele <rudy@caiman.be> wrote here on 22 Jul 2004:
    >
    > > Hey Folks,
    > > I am searching a freeware game "Alien 8" (not ROM, shareware or
    > > so, only freeware)
    > > Does anyone knows where I can find this game?
    > > Rudy
    > > http://www.caiman.us
    >
    > "Alien 8", an isometric arcade adventure was originally a ZX Spectrum
    > 8-bit game published in 1985, about which you can find information here:
    >
    > http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseek.cgi?regexp=^Alien+8$&pub=^Ultimate+Play+The+Game$
    >
    > The page mentioned above contains a lot of information about the game,
    > including an original advertisment, magazine reviews and instructions.
    >
    > Unfortunately, as you'll see from that page, Alien 8 is "distribution
    > denied", which means that the copyright holders (still trading under
    > another name) have decided not to allow it to be used with emulators
    > and so on. That in turn may make any PC remake, freeware or not, a
    > little dodgy legally.
    >
    > --
    > Above address *is* valid.
    >
    > Support the world's oldest motorsport venue!
    > http://www.shelsley-walsh.co.uk/future.html

    Wow! Thanks for all the information, David :)
    Rudy
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Heya.

    David Buttery wrote in message ...
    >Rudy Versele <rudy@caiman.be> wrote here on 22 Jul 2004:
    >
    >> Hey Folks,
    >> I am searching a freeware game "Alien 8" (not ROM, shareware or
    >> so, only freeware)
    >> Does anyone knows where I can find this game?
    >> Rudy
    >> http://www.caiman.us
    >
    >"Alien 8", an isometric arcade adventure was originally a ZX Spectrum
    >8-bit game published in 1985, about which you can find information here:
    >
    >http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseek.cgi?regexp=^Alien+8$&pub=^Ultimate+
    Play+The+Game$

    I know it from the Acorn BBC.
    http://www.nvg.ntnu.no/bbc/sw/Ultimate/

    Greetz, Katzy.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Rudy Versele <rudy@caiman.be> wrote here on 23 Jul 2004:

    > Wow! Thanks for all the information, David :)
    > Rudy

    You're welcome. You might find quite a bit more about it in the
    comp.sys.sinclair archives, too. :)

    --
    Above address *is* valid.

    Support the world's oldest motorsport venue!
    http://www.shelsley-walsh.co.uk/future.html
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Heya.

    Graham Andre wrote in message <2mdfrgFluk6eU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    Good old Ultimate Play the Game...absolutely superb games made by them in
    the spectrum years..

    BBC... ;))

    I think Underwurlde was my personal Fav, followed by Sabre Wulf and Atic
    Atac...just superb

    Graham

    There is a PC version of Sabre Wulf, not working on my PC though.

    Found a nice URL for you:

    http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~jg27paw4/yr11/yr11_44.htm

    Greetz, Katzy
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Thanks for this Katzy, a really good read

    Graham

    "Katzy" <katzy@noname.at.all> wrote in message
    > Heya.
    >
    > Graham Andre wrote in message <2mdfrgFluk6eU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > Good old Ultimate Play the Game...absolutely superb games made by them in
    > the spectrum years..
    >
    > BBC... ;))
    >
    > I think Underwurlde was my personal Fav, followed by Sabre Wulf and Atic
    > Atac...just superb
    >
    > Graham
    >
    > There is a PC version of Sabre Wulf, not working on my PC though.
    >
    > Found a nice URL for you:
    >
    > http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~jg27paw4/yr11/yr11_44.htm
    >
    > Greetz, Katzy

    ---
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Rudy Versele <rudy@caiman.be> wrote in news:410029DC.B4595D9E@caiman.be
    in alt.comp.freeware.games:

    *Snip*

    >> http://web.salleurl.edu/~is11123/

    *Snip*

    In development as is this one
    http://retrospec.sgn.net/users/ignacio/a8e.htm

    --
    To email me delete "*removethis*" and "[delme]".
    Quote of the Year (Yes, I'm that lazy): "I;m sure somehow I've made myself

    Dwarf Centaur wrote:

    > Rudy Versele <rudy@caiman.be> wrote in news:410029DC.B4595D9E@caiman.be
    > in alt.comp.freeware.games:
    >
    > *Snip*
    > >>
    > >> http://web.salleurl.edu/~is11123/
    > >>
    > *Snip*
    >
    > In development as is this one
    > http://retrospec.sgn.net/users/ignacio/a8e.htm
    >
    > --
    > To email me delete "*removethis*" and "[delme]".
    > Quote of the Year (Yes, I'm that lazy): "I;m sure somehow I've made myself
    > look like and incococometent re.. reteard"
    > Links:
    > http://www.gamehippo.com/ - Realy good freeware only games site
    > http://www.mame.net - Home of MAME
    > http://happypenguin.org - linux games =D