Keyboard shortcut... or is it?

Just purchased a Toshiba notebook. When trying to type a capital letter
using shift and a letter key, specifically the 'B, A, and N' keys, on the
desktop (for functions like renaming a folder) it will highlight the nearest
icon with that respective letter. If i'm in a word processing program,
Shift+B, A, or N results in a new line, like hitting the 'Enter' key. What's
going on?

Thanks in advance...

Visit the Toshiba Support web site and click on
"Search with Ask Iris".
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_home.jsp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"tme2shne" wrote:

| Just purchased a Toshiba notebook. When trying to type a capital letter
| using shift and a letter key, specifically the 'B, A, and N' keys, on the
| desktop (for functions like renaming a folder) it will highlight the nearest
| icon with that respective letter. If i'm in a word processing program,
| Shift+B, A, or N results in a new line, like hitting the 'Enter' key. What's
| going on?
|
| Thanks in advance...

UPDATE: Ok, after scouring the web and perplexing Toshiba Tech Support, I
still don't have a fix. Tech Support told me to run the recovery CD, which
i'm trying to avoid. I have exacted the situation, here goes: When pushing
any one of five keys (\, B, N, A, ~) with the LEFT Shift key, it does the
same thing as hitting the 'Enter' key. It is only the left shift key that
does this. All of the keys function properly except in this situation... no
problem with those five keys unless used with the left shift key. I'm now in
the process of downloading SharpKeys, a key remapping program, just to see if
I can create a workaround... Let me know of any ideas!

Your new laptop may have come with a defective keyboard.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP